Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
13-02-2008, 05:56 PM   #11

Re: Daily Thread / Wednesday

[quote=dandysmom;459858]people falling like tenpins on the icy sidewalks. [quote]
Ninepins here DM
Hope it warms for you soon! Don't suppose you want to hear it ws 15c here again? (62F-ish) All the squirrels in Dorset were out and about today! I thought of you when Dinah and I came across 4 of them all scuffling round in a clearing Good job D is not like my sister's dogs. They would have gone berserk - Dinah just looked and returned to her walk when the beasties took refuge in the trees.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-02-2008, 06:32 PM   #12

Going off to collect Dad from the hospital. He's groggy from the anaesthetic but will be ok to travel, I hope. Taking towels and sick bags in case ( sorry)
Had exploratory surgery on his shoulder; OH said his mate had same and it was v painful...
Will update you tomorrow.

Nette

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-02-2008, 07:00 PM   #13

Best wishes to your Dad, PP ...... hope he'll feel better soon...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-02-2008, 09:25 PM   #14

[quote=dinahsmum;459861][quote=dandysmom;459858]people falling like tenpins on the icy sidewalks.
Quote:
Ninepins here DM
Hope it warms for you soon! Don't suppose you want to hear it ws 15c here again? (62F-ish) All the squirrels in Dorset were out and about today! I thought of you when Dinah and I came across 4 of them all scuffling round in a clearing Good job D is not like my sister's dogs. They would have gone berserk - Dinah just looked and returned to her walk when the beasties took refuge in the trees.
You can tell I'm not much of a sports fan! Went bowling once, seems to me they called it tenpins ; whatever, the sidewalks were terribly treacherous, and unseemly as it was I couldn't help but laugh at the people skidding and reeling in the news last night! I'm glad someone is enjoying 15 degree weather,,,,our day will come!
Everyone seems to think of me when they see squirrels. I wonder why? That gives me an excuse for a mini-rant: here are pics of what they have done to the house across the street...gnawed right thru the boards....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-02-2008, 09:41 PM   #15

Ooh........ the little varmint it's no wonder you hate them Eileen if that's the sort of damage they do....

Catsey Veteran

13-02-2008, 09:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Ooh........ the little varmint it's no wonder you hate them Eileen if that's the sort of damage they do....
That's my friend Carolyn's house, she had to have the fascia boards replaced once before when they did that; now Kate and Andy the new owners have to also. And they did the same to my house, had to have the gnawed board replaced by a piece of white aluminum siding and it was expensive!! Not to mention dug-up bulbs and plants, and eaten tomatoes........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-02-2008, 10:16 PM   #17

Eileen I will post over one of my girls to sort them out for out for you both of them have a "kill Squirrel" attitude Sal has been known to go up into the branches of a tree to get one............

Catsey Veteran

13-02-2008, 10:27 PM   #18

Oooh, she would get a real workout here; the neighborhood is infested with them! But with the leash law, they're perfectly safe, and the little varmints know it! I've seen them sit on the fence when Christopher is walking his JR; they just flick their tails and say "nyahh, nyahh, can't get me"........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-02-2008, 10:29 PM   #19

Just need a longer leash