Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
30-12-2023, 01:22 AM   #1

Saturday daily.

Good morning ladies,
Saturday nearly 1pm here and it's VERY hot - around 30 degrees, which is the same as yesterday. I've just put a full load of washing on - cat blankets and bedding mainly - and it sure won't take long to dry out there. I hope you both had a wonderful Christmas day. my day went really well. I'd prepared all the veges the night before and made the salad, so it was really stress free. My cousin arrived around 4pm and we had a few nibbles together before Brenna , Jared and the children came around 4:30. Andrew, Janelle and their two little kiddies came from Ashburton, and finally Jan from down the road and her son turned up along with my sister, Peter and Becca. I'd locked the cats away in their room, but I had a fan going in the room so it wasn't too hot for them. Everyone seemed to have a great time and the meal was lovely. We all got thoroughly spoiled with presents. Brenna gave me a big hamper that she'd put together with all my favourite stuff in it, and money (I gave that back to her). Tomorrow I'm going out to Brenna's for a New Years Eve meal, so I'm making the salads - think I'll do my favourite couscous and eggplant salad as well as a roast vegetable one which we can either have hot or cold. My cousin is going to come too, but my sister doesn't want to leave her new cat.

My poor sister is at her wits end with her cat. Pippa is not settling down at all. She's reasonably calm in the house but Mary decided to let her sleep in the garage last week and then the cat went up into the rafters and wouldn't come down for 2 days. She's not going to be put in the garage again at night, but will stay in the house.

Oren is still with me He will have to go home tomorrow when I go to Brenna's ,as they are going to Fiji next Wednesday. for 2 weeks. Paddy sent me a lovely email on Christmas day, but I'm afraid i haven't answered him as yet. I must do that today. That's all I will be doing ,as it's really far too hot to go for a walk. Oren and I will lie down on my bed and finish Tess, which we both enjoy. Don't know what I'll do for tea tonight. I've got heaps of food and lollies etc, but it's just too hot to eat. Maybe pizza? I'll see what Oren and Janna feel like.

PAMELA,did you enjoy Reacher the other night ? I'm assuming it was Jack Reacher. I really hope your xmas meal was great - I don't know what you were cooking ,but I'm sure it turned out well. Did you have your dad and sister over or was it just for you and Steven ?

SHELLEY, your Christmas menu sounds restaurant quality. I do hope it was yummy as well, and that your dad and Reuben also had a great day, along with James and Hannah. Was Chris there as well ? I hope the dogs behaved themselves together.

Well ladies, I hope you both have a fantastic Saturday and that the weather has cleared up for you. I'm off now to do some reading before I melt.

Enjoy yourselves today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
30-12-2023, 09:26 AM   #2

Re: Saturday daily.

Good morning,

Please send some of that heat over here!! Its -1 at the moment! Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas!! I hope you have a lovely New Year at Brennas and that Oren settles when you leave and they go on holiday. You will miss having your wee companion with you.

Sounds like Pippa is keeping your sister on her toes. She is just a baby so will eventually settle down. I remember when we got Harris at 5month old, he was wild!! Climbing my blinds in the middle of the night, running about mad during the night and just being a terror!! He still has his moments at the age of nearly 13 but my goodness he still has that kitten in him!!

We cooked for just us. Went and saw my dad and sister and the kids in the morning then came home and had a PJ day and cooked our chicken, roasties and yorkie puds and it was delicious!! I had chicken noodle soup as starter and steven had prawn cocktail and we had a lovely cake which i cant describe as our dessert. Was soo good!!

That was lovely of Paddy to email you on christmas day. would have been a nice surprise for you. Did you send the children the gifts you had for them?

Shelley i hope you had a lovely christmas day as well with teh family. Your dinner sounded lovely!!

Have a lovely day ladies and a fantastic new year! I have ordered a new version of monopoly for us to play on new years eve. Seems to be a tradition we have now of playing it and bringing in the bells!! Its the dog version of it!!! Shoudl arrive today so looking forward to seeing it!!