Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-07-2009, 04:07 PM   #1

Our new Farmers Market

This doesn't really belong in Travel. as it's only a 20 minute walk or a 3 minute bus ride from my house, but couldn't figure out exactly where else to put it, lol!

This just opened 3 weeks ago, first time I got a chance to check it out. Very nice! Not too many vendors yet but expect that will change as the season goes on. I got there just after it opened at nine so wasn't crowded. Some lovely produce: got tomatoes and some white peaches. A few pics:

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-07-2009, 04:52 PM   #2

Re: Our new Farmers Market

Lovely! I am ashamed to say I've never in the 12 1/2 years of living here been to ours which is about a 10 minute walk away I hope yours flourishes as the produce looks very nice

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-07-2009, 05:27 PM   #3

Our nearest Farmers Market in about 7 miles away - parking is a nightmare and it's only only once a fortnight! No bus route either. So I've never been - would go if there was one more conveniently situated.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Lovely! I am ashamed to say I've never in the 12 1/2 years of living here been to ours which is about a 10 minute walk away I hope yours flourishes as the produce looks very nice
The neighborhood association has been angling for one here for years; delighted to get it finally. They did have lovely produce, and artisan breads, jams and other goodies! It's in the parking lot of the local middle school across from the Safeway which couldn't be more convenient.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
05-07-2009, 07:54 PM   #5

How nice to be able to get lovely fresh produce so close to home. The quality looks really good too. We have occasional farmers' markets but you have to keep a look-out for the posters as they're not a regular event.