Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
26-10-2014, 01:40 AM   #1

Katie

Our beautiful Katie had just turned 10 and she took a stroke. At first the vet wasn't sure if it was an inner ear infection or a stroke or both. However she has what could be termed as similar to Bells Palsy with facial drop, head tilt and her left eye does not work. She needs daily eye drops to keep,the eye moist otherwise it might ulcerated. At this stage it is watching her closely as the vet says we can't rule out a brain tumour

If she deteriorates the vet wants to carry out a MRI Scan.

Yesterday was a bad day, she wouldn't eat and just lay in her bed not moving, we really thought we would have to have an emergency vet call out. However today although eating little, she is a little brighter.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
26-10-2014, 11:13 AM   #2

Re: Katie

Aww bless. She is gorgeous. Keep fighting wee girl. Glad she has picked up today

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-10-2014, 12:05 PM   #3

Poor Katie .......... thoughts are with you Velvet. Vibes being sent for more improvement.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
26-10-2014, 02:03 PM   #4

I hope Katie recovers soon Velvet, must be very confusing for her, she is beautiful.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
26-10-2014, 06:37 PM   #5

sorry to hear this but glad she has picked up a bit today, fingers crossed and healing vibes to Katie x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
27-10-2014, 03:46 AM   #6

Sending healing thoughts to your beautiful girl, Velvet.I'm so pleased that she is a bit brighter now. Hopefully, with each day that passes, you'll notice an improvement.. She is a magnificent dog.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
27-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #7

We are still not eating much�� she did eat a slice of ham earlier - you get to the stage you would offer them anything. For those that dont know shes in kidney failure x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #8

Oh bless her ...........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
28-10-2014, 12:18 AM   #9

Sorry to hear your news. It's very difficult if they won't eat. Is she dehydrated, if not it may be worth asking about vitamin injections and anabolic steroids, this is a 'pick me up' for renal cats but obviously check if its ok for dogs! I'm guessing she has horner's syndrome? I've seen a couple of dogs at the vet with it after various issues and they recovered over time. Fingers crossed she feels better soon.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
28-10-2014, 07:14 AM   #10

Poor Daisy, a stroke and renal failure.. She is such a beautiful girl.I do hope that she starts to eat soon.Keeping everything crossed for a swift recovery for her.Have you tried her with Addiction dog food?I had a very old dog that survived solely on Addiction. It smells great and of course it is hydrated with hot water which brings out the flavour even more. I don't know a dog that doesn't love it.