Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #1

Kizzy

Just recently Kizzy's behaviour has been getting much more curious especially with relation to the TV. This is all new behaviour. Last week, she jumped up in front of the screen - snooker was on. She followed the balls around the screen, batting at them and when one went into the pocket, she looked under the TV to see where it had gone. Last night she was back, batting at the football. This morning she was showing interest in the newsreader's mouths

She also turns around to make sure we're watching her .......... she's being a bit of a little madam! She won't leave the screen until OH or I gets up and picks her up. "Kizzy, don't!" just won't work.

Another thing to try and photo.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #2

Re: Kizzy

Perfectly normal cat behaviour, Angie

Cassie still loves to sit infront of the TV and bat the snooker balls even now at 12 years old It's the movement that attracts them.

She is also a Catsey fan

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
13-12-2009, 02:34 PM   #3

I used to have a cat that lay on top of the tv - prior to flat screen of course - and watched anything with balls or some cartoons. I think he thought it was the best place to try and catch them as they came out the side or the back!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-12-2009, 05:27 PM   #4

Su-ling used to do that. I love the bit when they go behind the set looking for the ball! She's noticed she gets attention when doing it, I assume ... they are soooo clever. Pics, yes!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #5

I put it down to a sign of intelligence....Cleo was fascinated by snooker....and when the olympics were on table tennis..............football never interested her nor rugby. But some things did catch her attention at times . Oh yes she loved thew TV old computer game of pacman too the speed I think, Oscar by contrast was totaly un-interested.You want to get one of those light pens that flash from PAH I think someone said they saw them that would get her to chase the light on the floor...wear her out a bit...we used to do that with a torch when Cleo was younger....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
13-12-2009, 08:17 PM   #6

Winstn was an avid TV watcher as is Bernie, Eva not so much but she is a bit of a thicky tbh
Winston also used to love scalectrics, you know the cars on tracks, he'd happily chase them for ages.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
13-12-2009, 09:30 PM   #7

Dylan's just not interested in the TV, he's not keen on the noise it makes. He'd rather curl up and go to sleep!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-12-2009, 10:55 PM   #8

Leia agrees with him; pays no attetnion to the TV or computer ... a nap is better!