Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
18-03-2008, 08:21 AM   #1

Daily Thread / Tuesday

Morning all. overcast here. Off up to the horses after I've got the children off to school. I've got my car back from the body shop. I'm just waiting for the insurance company to pick up the Discovery they lent me. Not much else planned

Yola - exciting day, let us know how it all goes when you meet Chico

Have a great day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-03-2008, 03:44 PM   #2

Re: Daily Thread / Tuesday

Afternoon Fran, afternoon everyone! Where is everybody?

Another grey overcast miserable day here. Oh how I long for a bit of blue sky. Have stayed in bed this morning feeling grotty but up and about now and a bit better.

Wondering how Yola and Chico are getting on and looking forward to hearing all about the trip.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-03-2008, 03:52 PM   #3

Hi!! I'm back Chico whined, yowled and moaned all the way home and tried to eat his way out of the carrier He then fell asleep and (despite Karen's warnings, as she did the same) I prodded him to check he was still alive . . . and the yowling started again.

He's currently cowering down in the basement with me - undestandably nervous. Fifi was completely disinterested in him - and he in her. They wandered around each other, made eye contact and then each went on their own way. Balie, I suspect will be different kettle of vipers

Chico is, however the sweetest little fusspot and when you make clicking and kissing sounds at him he comes running. I've groomed him a little already - my goodness he's got a lot of fur - much like Fifi, but his is about twice as long. He loves being brushed.

Have some thoughts on the name . . . will post seperately together with an early picture.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
18-03-2008, 03:56 PM   #4

Afternoon Angie and Yola.

Lovely sunny day here,have been a busy bee doing the house work.

Yola cant wait to see some pics of Chico he sounds a right little cutie

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
18-03-2008, 03:58 PM   #5

Afternoon Angie and Yola

Yola - so glad he is home with you safe and sound! Looking forward to seeing pics and your thoughts on a name for him

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
18-03-2008, 04:03 PM   #6

afternoon all. have had a nice day so far, walked into town with OH had a wander around, jacket spud for lunch (yum) took a gold watch into a jewelers hes given us a rough estimate of about in the top of the 100s as in 900 quid !!! not bad for a watch we picked up for 25 quid in a charity shop.. thats now been put in the safe LOL wont be wearing that on a whim, hi-days n holidays.
also have to sort out the extra on the insurance now.
but what a surprise,
have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-03-2008, 04:22 PM   #7

Afternoon, ladies! Overcast here too & a bit chilly, only 9 degrees. My usual marketing run; nothing special to do this afternoon.

BM: Wow! Now that gold is over $1,000 an ounce people here are selling old jewelry like mad!
Yola: happy that the boy is home and that Fifi wasn't a problem; will keep fingers crossed re Balie! He does sound a sweetie!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
18-03-2008, 06:38 PM   #8

Afternoon,
Ive been working and nipped to a town near me. Going back to the car I had parked on the 12 floor... silly me decided to run up 12 flights of stairs (with shopping bags!), I had to stop on the 11th one to take a breath for 5 seconds... Never again Ill take the lift like my mum did! I'm well tired now!