Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Fondly Remembered

Cats owned: Black/Tortie/Tabby/B&W
Phil is Male
23-10-2010, 01:32 AM   #1

Baby Casper- An update

For those who saw little Casper's intro - I thought I'd just do a wee update on how he's getting on.....

A couple of days in - he's still in his run. He obviously gets time out of the pen for a play but with the dogs it's not easy.

As for the introductions - mixed results.....

Murphy and Paddy (cats) have been pretty good. Nice and calm despite his enthusiasm with a modest swipe required. I can live with that. Early days and all that.

Dogs -

Poor Fingal (my Springer) is so kind - He has no idea what a curvy back and a bushy tail means so his big kind friendly hello nose is bleeding.

Skye (Deerhound X Old English) - pokes his nose in but Casper is happy with that.

Breagh (Pointer x Lab) she's just into the food so Casper is yet to respond

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-10-2010, 01:59 AM   #2

Re: Baby Casper- An update

As you say, Phil. early days yet. Dogs don't understand cats body language. do they? I'm sure all will settle.

Fondly Remembered

Cats owned: Black/Tortie/Tabby/B&W
Phil is Male
23-10-2010, 02:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
As you say, Phil. early days yet. Dogs don't understand cats body language. do they? I'm sure all will settle.
Dogs and Cats I've been through it all before whether it be bossy cats with pups - or bossy dogs with kittens.

Every introduction is different so I'm keeping my eye on the ball so to speak.

Trying to hand this responsibility to my eldest daughter (Hannah) is testing me though as it's so hard to let her find these things out for herself whilst ensuring all goes well 'from a distance'.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
23-10-2010, 02:57 AM   #4

I think you might find its better when they can all run together

Inititally Katie was scared of Tim as he bit and scratched her - Harvey took it all in his stride and loved "playing" with Tim, he missed that play time with arrival of Amber as Tim isnt interested in playing with Harvey anymore

When Amber arrived, the dogs were both enchanted with her + it helped Katie in her relationship with Tim, shes no longer scared of him

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
23-10-2010, 08:40 AM   #5

Give em time they'll all meld together. So where's Caspar's picture then ? A Halloween kitty.... oooo, spooky

PS. found his pic in the Introduction thread- what a little smasher

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-10-2010, 12:21 PM   #6

Sure all will be fine Phil - sounds to me as if you know how to handle them all, cats, dogs, kids ............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
23-10-2010, 01:02 PM   #7

Hope all continues to go smoothly. As you say each intro is different, but it sounds like they'll all settle well together.