Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
13-10-2023, 09:08 AM   #1

Warm Friday.

Good morning ladies.
Friday 8:20pm here and it's been a lovely warm day of 23 degrees, although the sun was covered by clouds all day.. Good for drying the washing though. Tomorrow, there are going to be strong winds all over the peninsula ,but still no rain, so I'll wash the cat blankets again. Janna is working tonight until 2am tomorrow morning - doing a podiatry conference, so I'll be up until she gets home. Tomorrow ,we have the big general election and we'll know by tomorrow night which major party has won, and if we are going to have a new PM.

On Wednesday, I had my blood test and only had to wait for around 30 minutes, which was amazing. Normally if you don't have an appointment, you can expect to wait for around 2 hours. Anyway, my friend from down the road, Jan, was waiting for a test too, so we had a good catch up. She is a cat rescuer and took in many cats after our big quakes who were displaced or lost or just no longer wanted. She had around 50 plus cats at that time ,but is now down to 15, as many of them have either been adopted or passed on. She was with me when Miracle was having Dickens and Betsey and was a real comfort. She also rushed poor Miracle and me to the vet when Miracle got into difficulties having Freddie. Miracle would have died had it not been for Jan. because I certainly didn't know what to do. After the blood test, I met Janna across the road at the mall, and we did a bit of shopping. Today, I did a load of washing and cleaned the bathroom which was looking a bit cluttered. Not really a very exciting day. I've got a good book to read tonight, as I don't think there's anything decent on TV to watch

I just had pumpkin soup and toast for tea tonight and I've kept some for Janna when she gets home. I'll cook a decent meal tomorrow night though, as I'll have Oren with me. We're going to watch the election together, but I don't reckon he'll stay awake.

PAMELA, I hope the weather has got a bit better for you now and it's no longer raining. It would be good if you got some decent weather for the weekend. Did you manage to get yourself a birthday gift from Steven the other day? I hope so.. I hope you're not too busy at work and you've got something exciting planned for the weekend. - perhaps some man trailing with Robyn or Mia maybe ? I'm not sure when your birthday is, Pamela, but I guess it's soon, so I hope you have the happiest of days.Hope your dad is continuing to do well and keeping out of mischief !!! When is his next trip away ?

SHELLEY,it seems your weather hasn't been great lately either, so I hope it clears up for the weekend. I'm glad you enjoyed the doll meeting and the wax doll display. Thanks for letting me know about those wax dolls. Victorian children must have been much more gentle with their toys than many children today, because wax would surely chip if the doll was treated roughly. I certainly wouldn't want an indoor pool, but then I don't like water. There's so many public pools around now. Of course, I know you love water and the beach (YUCK ) so fair enough. I wouldn't say no to a spa pool though. A spa is lovely.

Well ladies, I'm off now to make myself a cup of tea and have a read of my book.

Have a great Friday, Pamela and Shelley, and hope the sun shines for you both this weekend.