Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
10-10-2023, 08:22 AM   #1

Tuesday daily.

Good morning ladies. it's Tuesday 7:30pm here and a wet ,cold evening ,although it was a beautiful day.I've been staying out at Brenna's for most of last week and got home today. Brenna got called up to the North Island to work at one of the clinics she manages, as two audiologists were away sick with covid. Jared is doing consultancy work for some company that he previously worked with and so couldn't be there to look after the children. It was easier if I went out there and stayed. Janna was fine here with the cats on her own .She doesn't get nervous like I do. I had to come home today though, as Janna is working admin for a big conference on virtual reality tonight, and i won't leave the cats alone all night in case we have a quake. I had a good time with the kids, and Stanley ,the dog, is completely nuts !!! He's totally hyper, but very very loveable I'm
used to a very obedient mastiff, but Stan is so different. It was lovely having a dog around the place though. He still doesn't tolerate the wee cat, Fiasco, very well though and I feel sorry for her having to run outside all the time. I personally think that Stan needs some good professional training to make him behave, but then he's not my dog and so I just keep quiet.Oren was working on an assignment on Alexander the Great, which was really interesting. I certainly learned a lot.!!!

I've got to have a blood test tomorrow to check for potassium levels. I couldn't get an appointment as all the slots were booked so I'll just go down to the lab and wait, then Janna and i will do a bit of shopping at the local mall. I got Brenna a really nice necklace for xmas . It's called a Peas in a Pod necklace and it has the birth stones of her 4 children encased in a silver wire pod - they look like peas, hence the name. It's hand made and the maker will do it next week.I think she'll like it.

I have no appointment date for surgery yet and the waiting list is around 18 months. I hope it will be sooner but I just have to be patient, I guess. It is hopeful, though, that I have seen the surgeon and the anaethetist.

Oh, I miss Brenna and Jared's spa pool and their indoor swimming pool. I don't like water much, but i went for a daily swim because i thought it would be good for my knees,and the water was heated anyway, and i also had a nightly spa with Jared. Such luxury !!!!! I could get used to that. Brenna is still up north, but Jared has now finished his job, so can stay at home until she gets back.

PAMELA,, I suppose you've got your new glasses by now. I hope they're working well for you. It sounds as if you had a great weekend - able to stay in bed and relax a bit. with the dogs. Poor wee Skye though. She's in the same situation as Fiasko. Yeah, you may have to work on discouraging young Robyn from frightening her, but goodness knows how you'd do it. It's disappointing that Robyn's classes have been cancelled , but I'm sure the weather will pick up soon and you'll both be back into it. It must have been fun going birthday shopping to get yourself a present. At least you'd be able to choose something you really want. I hope you got something nice for yourself.

SHELLEY, it sounds as if you, too, also had a great weekend. I hope your stall went well on Saturday and you enjoyed meeting up with your doll club friends. That talk on wax dolls sounds fascinating. Are the dolls made completely of wax ? Would they not melt ? I've never heard of a wax doll before. I'll have to look it up. I do hope you and Howard were able to go out on Saturday night on a date night. We can never have too many of those. I bet Chris enjoyed staying with James and Hannah for the evening.

Well ladies, I'm off now to give the cats a few Temptations. I'll have to buy a few more bags tomorrow, as there's not much left. It's going to be a long cold night here until Janna gets home, but I'll watch Coro Street and do a couple of small jigsaw puzzles, so I'll be right.

Have a great Tuesday, Pamela and Shelley, and stay warm.