Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
27-09-2023, 05:58 AM   #1

Wednesday daily, and it's raining. !

Good morning ladies,
Wednesday , nearly 5pm and it's been raining all day. I had to go and have a blood test today to check my potassium levels. I haven't got the results yet, but i have been eating foods low in potassium, so hopefully all will be OK there. Tomorrow I've got my pre-admission appointment for my knees at Burwood Hospital. Brenna offered to take me out there but I said no, as she's very busy at work and I can just get a bus right to the hospital. main doors. My knees are really sore today ,as it's cold out. It's also going to rain tomorrow and Friday unfortunately. and Janna and I will have to go and do a bit of food shopping some time. I've got heaps of food in the freezer ,so won't need to buy much. Sometimes I just buy for the sake of buying and I've got to try and stop that.

It's Janna's birthday tomorrow. She's not working for the rest of the week and so she's going to go out to one of the malls tomorrow and do a bit of shopping while I'm at the hospital. Tomorrow night, Brenna is shouting her a Hell Pizza platter ,which she loves. We'll share that for tea. She's also got a salted caramel birthday cake for dessert. I've got her a box of 6 cookie pies in assorted flavours and they arrived today., so she'll freeze them and take one out when she wants one. I still haven't finished wrapping up her presents, but I'll do that tonight. What a horrid task, and last night, my cats all wanted to "help" and Miracle kept chewing on the sellotape. and generally making a nuisance of herself.

I bought some nice pearl couscous salad from the supermarket today after my blood test and we'll have that for tea tonight with chicken tenders.It's got lots of veges in it, so I won't need to add anything else unless I want to. I've got a thing about broad beans at the moment - I LOVE them, and I'd eat them morning ,noon and night if I could, but Janna is over them, so I won't have them tonight. After tea, I might watch Coro Street and then go to bed with Snoddy. Honestly that cat is like a baby.- he always wants me to go to bed. If he's crying and restless in the day time, I often go into the bedroom and lie down on the bed. He always comes running to join me and lies down by my head and goes straight to sleep. I then get up very gently and sneak out of the room and he usually stays asleep for a few hours. I can remember doing the same thing with Paddy when he was a toddler.!!!

PAMELA, hope you have a good day today and if you are going in to the office, don't work too hard . How is Harris settling down now that he's being kept in at night again ?It must be hard for him when he loves being outside. Hopefully he won't take his frustrations out on wee Skye. Does Skye still sleep with you every night ? I hope so.

SHELLEY, if you are working today, I hope you ,too, don't work too hard. I hope you have something nice to look forward to, this weekend, like a doll fair. I bet that new doll room of yours looks lovely now. At least you know that your dolls are safe from any flooding downstairs.Hopefully Howard has managed to fix the problem.

Well ladies, must go and sort out tea. Gosh it's cold here now. My wee birds are starving outside but Janna has just given them a decent feed.

Have a good day, Pamela and Shelley and wish me luck tomorrow at the hospital.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
28-09-2023, 12:34 PM   #2

Re: Wednesday daily, and it's raining. !

Hello ladies, finally ive caught up.
I'm off work with covid, first time ive had it. Felt a tiny bit off Thursday after work and was coughing, i blamed the air cin in the building.
Tested positive on Saturday.
Getting better now.
My poir uncle had a stroke last Friday and is in hospital.
He's late 80s, regaining words, slowly and the feeling in his arm and leg.
My dad and aunty are off to see him this afternoon.
Dinky, i hope your pre op goes well tomorrow, a fall was the least thing you needed.
Im glad the cat scratcher finally arrived, at least some of the cats are enjoying it.
I hope Janna enjoys her birthday, the food all sounds lovely.
Pamela, glad Robyns back to trailing again, such a clever girl.
Sorry to hear Harris has been fighting, perhaps a new cat on the block.
I like Yorkshire puds, sometimes i have my whole sunday dinner in a big one.