Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
02-09-2023, 10:36 AM   #1

Saturday Daily

Good morning Pamela and Shelley,
It's nearly 9pm here on Saturday night and it's been a beautiful day - 19degrees. - but is going to rain overnight and rain and fog tomorrow with colder temperatures. Janna is working tonight until 2am tomorrow but I've got Oren here with me for the weekend, so I don't feel so nervous (even though he's fast asleep on the couch here in the lounge). The cat tower has been ordered but will take around 2 weeks or more to arrive. I've just spent the day with Oren baking and decorating cupcakes and making sand pictures. We also did a wee bit of his correspondence school work (maths) and it took me back to when Paddy was working at his correspondence school lessons in the kitchen. Oren seems to be very good at maths and enjoys the work, although he worries about getting through the daily assignments. Tomorrow, we're going to wrap up Janna's birthday presents together and my friend, Hilary, is going to call in with her mastiff.. I've just got to make sure my cats are locked away.

Speaking of cats, poor Freddie is getting all matted around his back legs and he will not let me brush him in that area. I'm going to get him shaved soon, but am trying to put it off until closer to summer. So far ,the matts don't seem to be hurting him, but they will eventually, so I'll have to give Sophie a ring and get her to come round.

Had bacon and pineapple swirls for tea tonight with veges, and strawberries and yoghurt for dessert. Oren has requested my dragons breath pudding for tomorrow night but I told him that we can only have it at xmas time. I'll do him a chocolate mousse instead and he'll be happy.

PAMELA,, that's a shame Robyn has come in to season again, but at least you're still able to get involved with the man trailing. I'm thrilled that Mia appears to be pain free as she comes off the medications slowly. It sounds as if you have a very good vet who takes things slowly and gently. I hope that she continues to improve and has no more trouble with that pinched nerve. It's very hard to stop a dog from jumping up on the couch or running, I know. When Willow did her cruciate ligament in, after the operation she was meant to be crated for 6 weeks. There wasn't a crate big enough for her so I had to chain her to the furniture and it was a nightmare. So i know what you're going through with Mia., the poor girl. I hope you are going to make some time to relax this weekend, Pamela, because it would have been a busy week for you. Let's hope the weather is good.

SHELLEY, I hope you had a safe trip back home again and managed to unpack all your gear. Please don't be sad. All holidays must come to an end, and now you'll be able to plan ahead for the next one AND you've got your doll fair on today, so you'll be busy. I bet the pups will be pleased to be home again I hope you have a few days off now before you have to go back to work. It's always better to ease into your routine gradually. Is your dad and Reuben going to the van now ? If so, I hope they have a wonderful time, just as you did. Enjoy that doll fair today, and I hope you find something that takes your fancy.

Well ladies, I'm off now to give these cats a bit of supper. and might do a puzzle for a bit.
Have a great Saturday Pamela and Shelley.