Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
18-09-2023, 05:51 AM   #1

Sunny Monday

Good morning ladies,
It's just after 4pm here and it's been a beautiful sunny day ,around 19 degrees, but unfortunately, we've had strong winds all day. Yesterday it got up to 25 degrees here and it was getting a bit too hot for my liking. I think it's going to be sunny again tomorrow, so will do some washing then. The cats are feeling the heat, just as they did last year, so I'll be getting the Kool mat up and running again shortly. I'm thinking that I'll get Freddie and Betsey shaved again mid October, but I'll leave Snoddy ,as he is really terrified and I'm frightened of him taking a seizure. Miracle's undercoat is all coming out but as she's not long haired, I can brush her daily and any wee matts I just cut out. Their new cat scratcher still hasn't arrived but at least it has arrived in New Zealand (Auckland) so I'm hoping it will be here by the end of the week. Our mail system is terrible here.

I managed to buy a small pyrex dish that will fit in my bench top oven, on trademe. I don't normally use my big oven much anymore. It's been so hard to find a small dish that would fit and the one I got is second hand, but in good condition. The dish washer will sterilize it anyway. and I'll run it through a few times. It's also being sent from Auckland, so will take a while to get here.

Oren had a great weekend and was mainly with Janna., with whom he gets on really well. We have been looking at Scentsy wax burners, as Oren loves beautiful smells and he wants a warmer and some wax melts to put in his bedroom ,for Christmas. At the moment it's a toss up between a Darth Vader warmer and a Hogwarts warmer, and he's going to think about it this week and let me know which one he would like. Then we'll have to figure out the scents he wants.

Michele, my lovely vet is worried about her black lab, Lola whom she has just had to operate on to remove a cancerous growth. Lola has already lost one kidney to cancer when she was younger. She's now 14years old, but evidently got through the surgery OK. She's a sweet girl and always comes to the clinic with Michele every day. We all know what it's like ,worrying about our pets, and I'm praying that Lola makes a full recovery and gets to spend a few more years with Michele.

Gotta start my Christmas shopping soon, but will get Janna's birthday over with first. I haven't even wrapped up her presents yet. Talk about lazy. !!! Another day and I really haven't done much. We'll have chicken bacon, scrambled eggs and some oven fries for tea tonight, so nice and easy for me. I'm still sneezing a lot and my top teeth ache ,but my sinus seems to be a bit better now., thank goodness.

PAMELA,, yes indeed, it does sound as if you had a great week off work last week, and you certainly had a very cultural time. Good for you both. That's a bit weird though, that you felt out of place with the biker ladies when you went and had coffee with them. I'm sure it will all fade away when you start going out on rides with them again. I'm glad that Robyn is coming out of season now and you were able to sign her up for different classes. If these new ones have more structure, then that sounds better. I'm sure they'll suit your girl ,and you and she will be looking forward to getting back into it again. At least you've been able to help out while Robyn couldn't attend. I hope wee Olivia, the cat was fine when you went round to check on her. and that your dad is continuing to do well.

SHELLEY hope you are now all settled back at home and work and have wonderful memories of your time in Scotland. I bet you'll be planning your next trip to the van soon. I hope Howard ,Chris and the pups are all doing well and it's not too cold where you are. How are your dad and Reuben doing ? I hope they are both well and looking forward to Christmas. Gosh, it'll soon be October and Christmas will be just round the corner. !!!

Well ladies, I'm off now to feed the birds. They're all gathered on the back lawn.

Have a great Monday Pamela and Shelley and don't work too hard.