Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
10-04-2024, 07:36 AM   #1

Wednesday daily.

Good morning ladies,
Wednesday around 5:30pm here and it's been another lovely day of 25 degrees, although there's bad flooding on the West Coast and the main highway has been closed because of slips. No rain here in Christchurch though. I managed to get a load of washing done and Janna hung it out for me before she got called in to work tonight , fortunately only until 10pm tonight. Lots of the staff are away with covid at the moment . I hope she doesn't have to work on Friday because I have got Sophie, my cat groomer ,coming to groom my cats. Poor Snoddy has a lot of matts and he just won't tolerate being brushed at all. Freddie, Miracle and Betsey and will just need their fur clipped around their bottoms, but Snoddy will need a full shave.. I don't want to have to hold him as he will fight and scratch me. I cannot afford to get another cat bite like last time, so I'm going to get Janna to hold him and she can also wear gloves. I hope this spell of nice weather lasts, so Snoddy doesn't get cold., but I really have to get him done, as I want to take him back to the vet and have his walking checked out. He seems to be very wobbly in his back legs - mind you, this has been going on for a long time now, and Michelle couldn't find anything wrong with him the last time I took him to the clinic.

I haven't been doing much today. The nurse from the medical centre called around to change my dressing. Hopefully she will remove it next Monday, as I'm seeing my surgeon on Tuesday. I've also been doing some Bible Study - yeah ,I'm still on Exodus and I'm stuck on one question. It's actually a multi-choice question so I have the four possible answers in front of me., but none of them seem right to me. If anyone wants to venture a guess, please let me know.

I've now got 24 lovely meals stored in my freezer, thanks to Brenna I'm not having one tonight though, as Janna bought us a family pie from the bakery early this morning and I'll have some of that tonight.

PAMELA, I'm sorry to hear about your issue at work the other day. I hope that when you got home, you were able to put it right out of your mind and just enjoy your evening., and let's hope it is now all sorted out. Poor Robyn and her upset tummy. Some dogs seem to be so much more sensitive than others. It's a shame you've got to change the girls food, but there are so many good brands out there, that I'm sure you'll find something suitable. I hope the fruit and carrots have helped a little and as Shelley has suggested, I know that pumpkin is excellent. Have you tried a totally raw diet ? All my dogs were fed raw, but the only drawback is that it is time consuming . I do know that green tripe is a wonder food, but you have to be able to tolerate the smell of it. I do believe that Harry the cat is neutered. He is very well looked after. It was just that he could smell my cats on the suitcase. AND, I intend to get both you and Shelley a Harry calendar - I certainly don't want to be paid for it. !!!! End of story !!! I hope your weather has now settled a bit, Pamela and that your wee Robin family is thriving.

SHELLEY, sorry, I didn't realise that you are still at the van until Sunday. How lovely .I hope that the cold weather has now passed you by and you are able to get some nice walks with the pups this week. as long as you bundle up nice and warm. It sounds as if you're having an interesting time anyway with your visits to Portpatrick and Stranraer and that meal you had in the supermarket cafe sounds amazing and just what you need on a cold day. We have a super vegetarian restaurant here in Christchurch - The Dux de Lux - and the meals there are out of this world. The two toms you had sound just like my Snoddy, who will also spray on anything and everything, when and if he feels like it. It's terrible, but I can't stop him. He has also been neutered.

Well ladies. Wish me luck tomorrow for my physio appointment. Yes, he is tough, but although I hate to admit it, I think he is exactly what I need. I'll let you know how I get on.

Have a great Wednesday, Pamela and Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-04-2024, 09:36 AM   #2

Re: Wednesday daily.

Hello Dinky and Pamela.
Dinky if you want to email me the question about Exodus I'll give it a go.
I have just finished reading it over Easter.
I hope your physio goes well tomorrow and hope everything ok with the groomer.
Re Snoddys back legs, long shot but, our cat Jerry once went completely off his back legs andvit turned out to be a potassium deficiency.
The vet put him on a course of human potassium tablets and after that he had droed biscuits containing potassium, all was well then.
Pamela, i guess you have rainy weather this morning.
I always hope it will clear in the afternoon.
Yesterday it did and we had a lovely dog walk.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
10-04-2024, 07:26 PM   #3

Re: Wednesday daily.

Good evening,

The weather is miserable here tonight. The weather has been awful all day. Had a busy day at work again and also feel like i have the cold starting but i think im just run down tbh.

Dinky, i do hope you get Snoddy groomed with Janna there to avoid any more bites!! Heres hoping you get your dressing off as well next week. Sounds like you are very organised with meals! I wish!! we are hopeless with things like that.

Keeping everything crossed that physio goes well and he isnt too torturous!!

Shelley i hope the weather eased off for you to get out with the pups!

Im away to watch Homeland, we are on season 6 at the moment!!