Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-03-2015, 11:58 AM   #41

Re: marmaduke very poorly

Some great advice here; I will borrow some of these suggestions - especially the mince - as having issues with Ripsy not eating her food at the moment, Marmaduke is a very beautiful cat ... I hope he keeps soldiering on x

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: not sure
04-03-2015, 03:54 PM   #42

I'm so sorry to hear about Marmaduke. I wonder if the medications are making him feel nauseous or may have a side effect of lack of appetite.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: BSH Silver Tab, Lilac CP, Blue
fancyabrew is Male
08-03-2015, 05:24 PM   #43

An update on Marmaduke. He's been a lot brighter the last few days, he's eating more (still not back to normal) but eating more, he especially likes crab. He's actually been running around a few times and can jump up on the bed without any trouble at all. So all in all he's really picked up. He's also had his first fan club of the year. I was in the garden with him yesterday and a couple were asking lots of questions about him and saying how gorgeous he was.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-03-2015, 06:56 PM   #44

great news , keep it up Marmaduke xxx

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
09-03-2015, 03:37 PM   #45

Really pleased Marmaduke is feeling better and that other people realise how beautiful he is. That must make him feel better. Hopefully the better he feels the more he will eat. It's no surprise a cat of his distinction likes crab, perhaps a little fillet steak might tempt him!

Catsey Senior

fancyabrew is Male
09-03-2015, 04:13 PM   #46

he was quite bright this morning he even ran down the stairs. Only trouble I can see is we go to Euro Disney at the end of the month for my little girls 3rd b'day so we've got to get someone to give him his pills (twice a day) for 4 days. Going to ask a friend who has had cats and who lives a few doors away, not sure how she'll handle giving pills to him though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-03-2015, 11:12 PM   #47

If that fails, perhaps it would be a good idea to ask your vet if they can recommend someone or a cattery who would be able to give Marmaduke the proper care during your holiday.

Catsey Senior

fancyabrew is Male
12-03-2015, 08:29 PM   #48

he's now doing really well, caught him chasing Godfrey around last night twice. And he's now eating pretty well too. Bought him some kitten food today to try to get the weight back on him. I also got him some Salmon flavour webbox treats rather than the chicken that he's not showed much of an interest in, well he scoffed over half a stick down in no time so I'm going to give him a treat in the morning and a treat at night for a few days and then introduce his pills in to the treats. If he eats them it'll make my mates job of giving him his med's a lot easier whilst we're away. I also found webbox lick-e-lix which is a yoghurt based treat (same flavours as the sticks) and he had a whole one licking the bowl clean. They say on the pack that its good for hiding crushed pills in so if anyone is having trouble giving pills they might be worth a go, marmaduke loved it!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
12-03-2015, 11:59 PM   #49

Great news, so glad he is eating well and loving his treats.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-03-2015, 12:03 AM   #50

What great news, sounds like he's getting his appetite back. Long may it continue.