Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
18-06-2006, 11:23 PM   #11

Re: Clementine's Life

Great Luke x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-06-2006, 02:50 AM   #12

Really enjoyed the pic updates...your Elsa is a lovely cat but I'm especially taken with Clementine...she looks so much like my late Patches...even to the color on her right paw. There is something about a bridled tortie...!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
22-01-2007, 10:23 PM   #13

[From the P.O.V of the lady herself]
And so I enter my fourth year into this life, although it feels like much longer. I must say in the years I've lived, the last was by far the most changing. It started by this noisy, fat little thing..that soon become a fat,noisy, BIG thing being brought into the house..they call him Ralph, he used to eat all the food, knock us over when we were having a wash and be an 'orrible thing..but now, I confess, he isn't so bad and sometimes i will actually snuggle up too him, all that hair is very warm you know! Then there was the next thing..my feline partner leaving, Elsa was a lovely girl but i must confess her picking on me and everyone else had gotten quite bad, i remember having 'Himself who feeds us' pulling her off me one day when we were scrapping and she had me pinned behind the sofa, it wasn't a nice experience. And although i missed having someone to wash, go hunting with, have a 'chat' in moggy with and generally share time with, I must admit when she left i was happy with the way things were..me and m'dear adoptive mother Polly had our time together, and the other two barking things used to play together and leave us 'lesiurely ladies' to our own devices. It was most strange how the days we spent together became longer and longer,and as every day would come she seemed more stiffer,more unhappy and boy did she snap at all the 'ooman food givers, who came in the house and went near her..she just wasn't herself; and i sensed something was wrong by the way 'Himself who feeds us' used to spend so much time with just us two ladies, and always did that strange things 'oomans do when wet stuff comes from their blinkers, and he kept rambling on about things from past years..i remembered them all well, however i did keep thinking "Hush up and just get the treats out!". Then one day Poll n I took to our usual place of outside on a blanket under the garden table [was such a long hot summer], but it wasn't right..it took her so long to come outside, and so long to get up when she lay down..and she was not well at all, something happened that made everything go funny..and we were ushered out..it was a long long waiting, until the lady who has always come n smells of flowers, shes friends with the mother one of Himself who feeds us, and then came the funny man who sticks pins in us and we go to when we're not feeling well, Himself who feeds us calls him the VEEEE. EEEE. TEEE (but i gots' no idea what that means, me!).And all of a sudden we went into the comfy room..and i went over to Poll, but it didnt seem right..so decided a good wash would set her well..and then the VEEE.EEE.TEE did something and Poll was gone..from this world anyway.
It was so strange, she was like my mum..although everybody said it was impossible cause she was a..dog, whatever one is?!?!
And then all of a sudden those long summer days become even longer,and it seemed like everything had changed so much in such a short time..i contemplated upping sticks and having an adventure again like the year afore, but decided it was too much hassle finding someone to stay when the water come down.
Everything was quiet..then one day i saw THE BASKET come into the house, but it didnt smell of me..it smelt of something else..a different something, so i had a peek and what it was, was a smelly little kitten who swore at me when i tried to say hello. It took time..and scraps, but we soon become best mates..and gang up on the dogs, and take over the bed in our sunny room! She comes outside now with me..and give it till those long warm evenings come and i WILL teach her to catch bats-despite what Himself who feeds us says
So now..life is quiet again, and spent sleeping..wandering..hunting..eating..sleeping..ea ting and washing the dogs. So another year under my belt, a year of evading cars, strange barkers, sharp things, and every other danger that confronts us cats!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
22-01-2007, 10:28 PM   #14

Lovely Luke - Lovely pics too x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-01-2007, 10:59 PM   #15

Beautiful update to Clem's story, Luke...what lovely girl she is. Tell more about her and moorhens...I sense a funny story there.......?