Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
14-02-2008, 08:21 AM   #1

Daily Thread / Valentine's Day

Morning all, another fine, dry day here Well, no Valentine's babies have put in appearance yet. We did rather think things might be getting moving last night, quite a bit of panting and digging happened so we thought great, we are off and then Maddie curled up and slept soundly all night Just waking me the once to be let out for a wee Ah well, they will come when they are ready! Not much planned as don't want to take my eyes of Maddie

Happy Valentine's Day to you all and hope you all have a great day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
14-02-2008, 08:53 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread / Valentine's Day

morning all. Happy valentines day, and happy birthday my boys.(havnt sang to them yet) didnt want to upset the neighbours LOL
im considering going back to bed for a while was a wake quite a bit last night.
we are off out later so need some energy,
im at that age where a night out takes special planning. 1 a nap in the afternoon.2 it will take me a few days to recover LOL
oh the good old days where u could do anything and not have to recover (well some times LOL)
have a great day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
14-02-2008, 09:24 AM   #3

The sun has gone - but it looks like it will be a reasonable dry February day. I am meeting my potential home/pet sitter for our summer holiday today - so excuse me whilst i go off to do some of that dreaded housework. Hope we pass muster with each other - it will be a relief not to worry about them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
14-02-2008, 11:24 AM   #4

the weather is not as bad as they forecast for here.
Dad's op went well, but he's in a lot of post op pain and the stubborn mule is of the old school where you just don't take tablets ! hmph! So I have had a gentle chat with him today...he would still be in hospital had this been 10 years ago,having morphine post op no doubt. The tear was bigger than they thought, needed three incisions to the shoulder and a local anaesthetic block too as well as the GA.
He MUST be hurting but old miners don't cry !

So I'm having a busman's holiday today; playing nursey down my dad's

HAVE GOOD ONE, Y'ALL!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
14-02-2008, 11:44 AM   #5

Hiya all the weather is still okay colder then yesterday but no rain or snow.

Not got anything planned today, but everyone have a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-02-2008, 11:57 AM   #6

It's dull and cold here. My feet, even though I have the ever-present boots on, are cold. Just the usual office stuff here. PP, very pleased to hear your Dad's home; the pain's not so good but at least he has you to care for him and people recover quicker in their own environments!

Yesterday evening I attended a rather shocking group meeting at Dominik's school presented by the governors. It seems the heads from both schools (there are 2 schools; girls prep with some boys - where Domi is, and boys prep) are on the way out for various reasons and they are looking at appointing a 'joint' head As both schools are very different in their culture and their needs (as well as being about 2 miles apart geographically), this is a bad, bad move, and the parents made their feelings crystal clear.

Still, it's rocked my boat because I thought he was in a safe, happy little school. Seems not.

Am quite proud that I've not watched TV at all this week - that'll change tonight as A2A are on

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-02-2008, 05:24 PM   #7

Afternoon and Happy Valentines Day, all! The sun is finally out and it's up to minus 3 now; will get above freezing this afternoon finally! My seeds from T & M came yesterday; am thinking Spring thoughts...only a month and it will be time to start the tomatoes, basil and peppers indoors!! And plant the radish seed outdoors in about two weeks ...... Did the market run, am avoiding housework as I am not in the mood......

Yola: bad idea schoolwise!
PP: men! They can be so damn macho sometimes ...but glad your dad's home.
Fran: it's late afternoon there....any sign of pups yet?

Have a nice day......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
14-02-2008, 07:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Fran: it's late afternoon there....any sign of pups yet?
Thanks Eileen, no pups yet but we have lots of panting