Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
11-02-2008, 08:15 AM   #1

Daily Thread / Monday

Morning all, very cold here this morning, our weather clock was reading minus 3 half an hour ago Not a deal planned for today, off up to the horses in a short while. The children are off school this week for the half term break.

Hope you all have a great day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
11-02-2008, 09:10 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread / Monday

Good morning. It's still pretty frosty here but looking good for the rest of the day. No plans - we'll just see what the day brings.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
11-02-2008, 09:24 AM   #3

morning all, im waiting to see if the fog lifts. it dont do my breathing much good when its damp.
good excuse to hang about in my dressing gown. LOL
have a good day all.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-02-2008, 12:49 PM   #4

Frosty here also, with the addition of blue skies and lovely sunshine..

Nothing special planned for today, may go through my wardrobe to see what I need to buy for for the hols..

Enjoy your day everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
11-02-2008, 01:03 PM   #5

Afternoon all,
Its gorgeous here,lovely and sunny and nice and mild too.
Just finishing off haveing a tidy round the house then off up the Habberley Valley with the dogs.
Jope you all have a great day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-02-2008, 01:10 PM   #6

Beautiful, bright, sunny and warming all the time! Back in the office after a really lovely, relaxing weekend. Sebastian was a dream-baby which make everything much enjoyable and less stressful for everyone in the house!

I'm getting right into my piano! OH spent Saturday night polishing and waxing it, all it needs now is a good tune, which I shall try and sort out today. I bought some beginner/refresher books and have been hammering away at the keys

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 5 magical moggies
11-02-2008, 02:51 PM   #7

Not a good morning for me I'm afraid There I was driving my normal way to work. The sun shining beautifully on a crisp morning Tootling along just gone straight on at a roundabout and see the traffic begin to slow down in front of me so drop from 3rd gear to 2nd and "BANG". Right in my rear a big BMW came round the roundabout and drove straight into my car. To say I was shaken was an understatement. I jumped out of the car and the guy got out and he was bigger than my husband. He said he hadn't seen me as the sun was blinding him (doh) why not use the sun visor or wear sunglasses!!! He was a bit scary and I felt a bit intimidated by him. he was blaming it on the sun. Bearing in mind how frosty it was I think he should have been going slower too. As usual at 8.20 in the morning people are rushing to work. It was a very loud bang I can tell you

I rung the police as I was unsure he was giving me the right details and I felt a bit wary of him to be honest. No-one else stopped to see if I was o.k which I thought was nice (NOT). Anyway I am o.k. My car has taken a knock and the police sorted out what had happened. I am a bit sore in my shoulders as I have a permanent injury from an accident in 2001 that wasn't my fault so have taken the tablets I need to and should be able to go in work tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Getting a courtesy car later today whilst mine goes off to be checked and have the back end fixed, just major scratches to be honest but with the force of the bang he hit me I wneed to make sure there is no other damage that I can't see.

Great start to the week for me eh?????????

At least I came home to cuddles off my lovely cats
Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-02-2008, 03:20 PM   #8

Oh Karen, how scary I'm glad you're fine - keep an eye on things though and get to the docs if something doesn't feel right. I hope it is only a dent in the rear of your car too. Take care.

Edit to say, most of us slow down if blinded by the sun . . . so no use him blaming the sun for rear-ending you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
11-02-2008, 03:40 PM   #9

Thank goodness you are ok! Stupid man!!!!!!if he was being blinded by the sun should have slowed down...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
11-02-2008, 03:55 PM   #10

Thats not an excuse we all know the sun is low at this time of year, he was going too fast and thought you were going to pull away faster no doubt, glad your ok but whip lash can take a day or two to come out you know so if your not right tomorrow or the day after get some meds from the doc. X