Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-07-2008, 09:05 PM   #1

Safari?

Okay has anyone ever been on a Safari.......to Kenya I am considering this 5 night safari - Amboseli national park...which is over looked by Mount Kilimanjaro and then Masi Mara... and then 8 nights, at a beach hotel...."Travellers Club" right on the beach....it has come about because there were 8 of us who had radiotheraphy if you recall 2 years ago, and we often spoke of what we'd like to do etc etc as you do loittering in hospital waiting around and a kenyan safari and beach holiday came out tops. And today two of the women I was a radi8tor with contacted me (we have kept in touch, sadly twice through funerals of orginal members) and asked if I was up for it......there are apparently 5 going (one a chap) at the moment 2 of whom are newer additions and I am very very very tempted......once in a lifetime. In fact I am going I think trying to get some facts and figures sorted..........so any tips welcome.

Catsey Veteran

04-07-2008, 09:41 PM   #2

Re: Safari?

A link to the hotel that has been highly recomended http://www.travellersbeach.com/

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-07-2008, 09:59 PM   #3

That sounds wonderful Kazz, I hope you manage to arrange it. I've never been there but it's somewhere I would like to go.

When we are trying to decide where to go on holiday,we delve right into it and get as many facts and info as possible. One site I have found very interesting and helpful is the Trip Advisor site. I think there must be a site for practically every country you can think of. You can sign up to join their forum and ask any questions you wish to know about where you're going. There are also loads of members reviews of their holiday there and loads of photos posted. By the time you go you will know the place very well through Trip Advisor!

Here's the link to where you are going (I think!), I hope you find it helpful.....

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...lub-Kenya.html

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
04-07-2008, 10:00 PM   #4

Go for it Kazz, something I would love to do...

Catsey Veteran

04-07-2008, 10:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
That sounds wonderful Kazz, I hope you manage to arrange it. I've never been there but it's somewhere I would like to go.

When we are trying to decide where to go on holiday,we delve right into it and get as many facts and info as possible. One site I have found very interesting and helpful is the Trip Advisor site. I think there must be a site for practically every country you can think of. You can sign up to join their forum and ask any questions you wish to know about where you're going. There are also loads of members reviews of their holiday there and loads of photos posted. By the time you go you will know the place very well through Trip Advisor!

Here's the link to where you are going (I think!), I hope you find it helpful.....

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...lub-Kenya.html

Ta Mags already looked on there can't find anyone with anything bad to say about the hotel and the tour company appears to be the best/local too.................have sent for a brochure...........and phoned for "health advice for travellers" and have the phone number for the Kenyan consulate........for a visa s in my head must be going............"SCARY EH"

We talked about this loads when we were in the hospital...........a few of the people have since passed on and that makes me want to do it more.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-07-2008, 10:17 PM   #6

What a wonderful thing to do Kazz. Don't have any info myself, but my best mate from school that I still keep in regular touch with went on a similar holiday with her OH and another couple a year or so ago. I could ask her for details of which company she went with etc. if that would help.

She told me she had a wonderful holiday, really enjoyed it - I think it was a small group. I've seen the photos etc.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-07-2008, 10:18 PM   #7

I'm getting excited for you Kazz.....I really hope you can book this up, it will be an amazing experience for you.

Not sure if you saw these reviews... and pics on the right hand side...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...b-Mombasa.html

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-07-2008, 10:43 PM   #8

Oh go for it, Kazz! You deserve a wonderful holiday; and that sounds like a marvellous trip...once in a lifetime adventure! And going with people you know...!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
04-07-2008, 10:50 PM   #9

Oh Kazz thats would be brilliant, I hope you do go, never been on one myself but I bet you'd love it

Catsey Veteran

04-07-2008, 11:03 PM   #10

Bigger versions of cats...................what more can I want.