Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
15-12-2008, 04:53 PM   #1

I lied...

A client of mine has the most gorgeous little tabby kitten and a puppy. She called me last night about the puppy and we were just chatting about his progress etc when she mentioned the kitty and that they were going to be letting her go out doors soon. I asked if she was spayed and the answer was no and that they wanted her to have a litter of kittens first . As you can imagine I had to bite down hard on my bottom lip to keep me from swearing and ranting. I tried to explain that the kitten has no aspirations of parenthood and that there were so many cats/kittens in shelters and rescues as it is so why would any one want to contribute to that sad plight, especially right now when animals are being abandoned and evicted across the country. That didnt seem to have much impact so i then lied and told her that life threatening illness such as FIV and Felv had recently taken a dramatic rise in the Aberdeen area. Just hope she thinks very seriously about it all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
15-12-2008, 04:56 PM   #2

Re: I lied...

I would have lied as well Elaine, mind you I probably would have called her irresponsible and lost her as a client lol. So well done you for holding your tongue, I can imagine how difficult that was

Catsey Veteran

15-12-2008, 04:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
I would have lied as well Elaine, mind you I probably would have called her irresponsible and lost her as a client lol. So well done you for holding your tongue, I can imagine how difficult that was
Yeah well... I dont know how I will react if she goes ahead with it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-12-2008, 05:10 PM   #4

I really don't understand people's attitudes - I would call that a white lie Elaine.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-12-2008, 05:39 PM   #5

That was a completely justified lie IMO! Congrats on your restraint; must have been hard. Poor kitty!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
15-12-2008, 05:39 PM   #6

Me too Elaine, makes me so dam mad, when there are so many cat/kittens in rescue....I doubt if I could have held my tongue....

Catsey Veteran

15-12-2008, 05:46 PM   #7

Well see, I am always in trouble for just blurting out how mad it makes me so i tried to be a little more tactful

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
15-12-2008, 06:11 PM   #8

If you don't mind me asking elaine, but WHY does she want her kitten to have kittens? Does she WANT to be responsible for more unwanted kittens???

If it were up to me people like her wound be obliged to pay for ALL kittens their cats have, right the way through the kittens lives!

Sorry but that sort of thing makes me

Catsey Veteran

15-12-2008, 06:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuecatsrule
If you don't mind me asking elaine, but WHY does she want her kitten to have kittens? Does she WANT to be responsible for more unwanted kittens???

If it were up to me people like her wound be obliged to pay for ALL kittens their cats have, right the way through the kittens lives!

Sorry but that sort of thing makes me
RCR, I am not really interested in WHY because it's usually the same selfish reason, it has nothing to do with the welfare of their cat and more to do with having more cute kittens. If you had read my post, you would know that my feelings on these things are as passionate as yours are.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
15-12-2008, 06:31 PM   #10

Well done too you. When Lucky is old enough he will be done like all my others