Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
06-11-2006, 11:13 AM   #1

Made big steps with Ralph & cat chasing, again..

For those who don't know one of the dogs, Ralph-Springer Spaniel, like most pups, had a thing for chasing Clementine...quite bad it was too, a short while ago it seemed resolved but then it seemed to creep back in-and it was all getting too much, rather out of hand actually! But, last night, with the assistance of some cheese i had him sitting on the floor by me, and Clementine was on the back of the sofa-in view, and only about 50 cm away from Ralph, and he didn't make one pounce, one attempt to jump and see her-AND she actually jumped down and tottered off upstairs and he didn't bat an eyelid, so maybe this is positive steps being laid, but for good this time?
I have a theory..i understand yes all pups chase cats, but i think with Ralph and Clementine it may have something to do with the bell on her collar, when he hears it he goes barmy and thats what usually instegates the madness. I experimented on Friday and took her collar off all day-not one chase, she actually walked over him when he was asleep in the lounge-and nothing!
So any takers on the theory it could be something to do with the bell also?
It's going to take time to get them to love and cuddle each other i know-but i definatley think we are making big progress.