Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
29-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #31

Re: Pregnant Cat

They have to prove it, there should be a system where people have to be on a register if they breed or want to breed.

Grr white screen of death again, had that all day Every time I go to post I get the white screen of death

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
29-07-2011, 09:38 PM   #32

What like the GCCF? Just like the Kennel Club, it means very little.

Catsey Veteran

29-07-2011, 10:42 PM   #33

Something is better than nothing.

Catsey Veteran

29-07-2011, 10:50 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuecatsrule
Something is better than nothing.
So you are telling me that as long as they are registered with the gccf you beleive that they are "reputable" breeders who breed only to better the breed, even if that is only asthetically?
What alot of rubbish.

Catsey Veteran

29-07-2011, 10:54 PM   #35

I cannt beleive that you would support such a stupid statement. We have had several breed specific rescues post here, you yourself began a thread about rescues, didnt you see how many breed specific rescues there are in or around your area?

Catsey Veteran

29-07-2011, 10:55 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
So you are telling me that as long as they are registered with the gccf you beleive that they are "reputable" breeders who breed only to better the breed, even if that is only asthetically?
What alot of rubbish.
I didn't mean that Elaine. What I meant was it's better to have some sort of system than just letting everyone do as they like.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
30-07-2011, 11:14 PM   #37

The responsible buyer can also do some research on the breeder. We can at least weed out the obvious kitten-farmers and clueless back-room breeders.
I spent a good few years finding Rover's and despite his much-too-short life, I fully believe there was nothing they could have done to prevent it. They have proven to be responsible, honest, friendly and pro-active.

Catsey Veteran

30-07-2011, 11:54 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
I cannt beleive that you would support such a stupid statement. We have had several breed specific rescues post here, you yourself began a thread about rescues, didnt you see how many breed specific rescues there are in or around your area?
I am not supporting any breeder Elaine. What I was trying to say was although I don't agree with breeding, I can tolerate those who breed to better a specific breed, if that makes sense.

In my opinion rescues should be the first port of call for anyone looking to adopt a new pet.

Why do you think I have the username rescuecatsrule?

Catsey Veteran

31-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuecatsrule
I am not supporting any breeder Elaine. What I was trying to say was although I don't agree with breeding, I can tolerate those who breed to better a specific breed, if that makes sense.

In my opinion rescues should be the first port of call for anyone looking to adopt a new pet.

Why do you think I have the username rescuecatsrule?
Then maybe you should think about what you are saying in your posts before posting them in order for your position not to mis-interpreted.