Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-12-2006, 11:12 AM   #1

Daily Thread ~ Saturday

Good morning everyone!

The fog has finally lifted and it is a cloudy but dry day, not too bad temperature wise either.

I was in Sainsbury's by 8.00am this morning buying last minute things like bread, rolls, fruit etc and I don't think there was a vacant space left in the car park ....... it was heaving in there!

Mr Dyson will be working overtime today, top to bottom .......... I don't know where I would be without a Dyson now, it's the best vac I've had

Hope you all have a stressfree day ..............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
23-12-2006, 11:18 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread ~ Saturday

Morning Mags
Bright and mild here today as well, sun out even.
I have a pressing engagment with my iron today and ofcourse Mr Dyson as well. Thank goodness Mum and John are going to my brothers tomorrow and wont be back till boxing day evening. Haha just me and my family, Sean and Jenny are coming over so it will be really nice.
Have a good day. Will try to get on tonight but dnt hold much hope.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
23-12-2006, 11:31 AM   #3

Morning all, i'm doing the unthinkable today and venturing into town..two days before christmas Just a few bits n pieces i need too get..although i think i may loose my life whilst there, people are so awful riht now.
Had some rain last night..which seems to have dispersed the fog-still bad, but you can at least see out of your window now.
Enjoy your day all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
23-12-2006, 02:05 PM   #4

Hiya - the fog has lifted! Hurrah! And it's a little (but only a little) warmer.
Completed the shopping this morning. Called at the butcher for the chicken I had ordered. When he put my order in the book, and asked 'what size?' I said - 'big as you like'. That may have been a mistake, as I think I probably have an ostrich or an emu However, now have nice smells in the house as the giblets are cooking up with all the tasty herbs and spices, ready for the gravy. (I'm having to do lots of pre-preparation as we won't be back here until about 2 on xmas day. Hoping to eat at 6 - just nibbles before that (but a big breakfast or brunch at some stage)
Tesco was a-throbbing at 8am, but the masses seemed to be in good humour and I only needed a hand-basket and the 10 items or less checkout, so wasn't there long.
I think I will light the fire shortly, and settle down to a pre-xmas viewing of 'Wonderful Life'. TV offerings seem very poor, apart from Strictly Come Dancing this evening! C'mon Rampers!
Hope everyone has a good day, including those who are just too damn busy to spare time for Catsey! Try not to stress.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
23-12-2006, 02:14 PM   #5

Been around a few local shops this morning-absoloute chaos!! Too many coventarian people in rush!!
Now off too town..i bid you farewell if i do not survive!
Need some new wellies, to get one last minute present, some candles and raid thorntons for whatever i can afford

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-12-2006, 02:31 PM   #6

Not up to much today. Hubby has washed cars - put his on the road for a few minutes whilst moving them around and got a bloody parking ticket . . . he's miffed and is fine fighting mood - good job the traffic bobby was nowhere to be seen He doesn't want to argue too much as the car's actually registered in my name and I don't really waht a bailiff chasing me

He's off to town for a haircut and I'm going to just veg with Sebastian . . . might put Wonderful Life on myself . . .

Thai prawn stir-fry for dinner tonight - get my vegetable fix before the 3-day blow-out coming ahead!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
23-12-2006, 03:01 PM   #7

Afternoon folks. Was at the town centre for 8.35 am!!!! Absolutely heaving at that time already. OH got my pressies in record time and it was out of there to leave all the other poor souls last minute shopping, lol. Cleaned out the rabbits hutch, cleaned the kitchen from top to bottom, polished and hoovered the living room, done a load of washing and am having a 10 min break before I attempt the kids rooms (Lord help me). Hope everyone enjoys their day. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
23-12-2006, 04:16 PM   #8

Back from Sainsburys, listening to Carols and wrapping more pressys.

Have a great day all x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-12-2006, 06:39 PM   #9

Well - I have to say I am charmed my sister (fool) was in the qeue for Asda at 5.30/6 am this morning handbags at crack of Dawn there, she got stressed was tired and came home fed up with Christmas.

I got up at 8.30am, had boiled egg and toast cup of coffee, which was interupped a couple of times by my Dad ringing to ask when I was picking him up - I said about 11 and he went into a strop saying there would be nothing left (he'd spoken to Di my sister) I said don't panic. Picked him up at about 11 went into Sainsbury's drove straight into a parking place by the door, got the few things left to get ie bread, banana's, toms, lettuce etc, joint pork etc etc. The things Mom wanted too. Nothing major no stress the rush had happened. Got everything spent the grand total of £2.15 cash (used my sainsbury' points) very happy.

Then into Sutton (wouldn't touch B'ham town with a barge pole weekend before C.mas) again into a parking place in seconds right by the lift in the multi storey for Dad. Into Sutton walked slowly Dad brought a couple of bits for me (ie I picked them up a DVD and a watch) he paid. Then he stayed in BHS with a pot of tea I shot off and got the rest of the shopping sussed out what he wanted for Mom then collected him and took him back straight to the shops involved ie 2, and saved his legs that way he was delighted, we brought them. Stopped and listened to the brass band playing carols in the shopping centre as we ate hot sausage rolls, then we came home. A great day I love Christmas.

Lovely day no idea why people stress.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
24-12-2006, 12:44 AM   #10

Busy day here, M&S at 9am with my mum in tow was no fun but got everything I needed and she needed. Had a quick coffee and mince pie in M&S before looking round a few shops (mum's suggestion) just for the hell of it I think....don't think mum realised just how much I had to do today Anyhow, took mum home sorted the horse out, scrubbed litter trays, organised tea, forgot to take prawns and pork out of freezer and did some visiting to deliver presents this evening. Oh and it's hubby's birthday tomorrow...Stressed? me? Never