Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
22-12-2006, 09:08 AM   #1

Daily Shred - Friday.

Good morning everyone!

It's Hippie's last day of work here, and if all goes well he should be able to leave work at 1pm! Be a nice treat for us all, since Random loves it when he comes with for the school pick-up.

The kittens are doing wonderfully, it really does seem like they're growing by the second But Sashimi is restless and seems to think she should spend a lot of time hunting Nevermind eh? She's feeding them and they're becoming sleek little packets of adorable cuteness

I won't be online for 10 days starting tomorrow, since Hippie has that amount of time off work and we're going to be doing family things as Random won't go back to school till the 9th.

Don't worry though, until the kittens start opening their eyes it'll be daily pictures and I will post lots when I get back on the 2nd! Random is completely enamoured with them, bless him, has to go say night-night to them when it's bedtime. We have to be pretty strict else he'd be pestering them non-stop!

Oh, and I have a referral from my doctor for an orthopaedic consult - will get my appointment-time after Christmas. So my hip is getting looked at - X-rays didn't show anything out of the ordinary so my doctor just said "Right, you need a referral then." Lovely! Never had a doctor that useful before, I've been in time and time again with my hip and never even gotten so far as an X-ray before!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
22-12-2006, 09:49 AM   #2

Re: Daily Shred - Friday.

Morning all. Very frosty and cold here, looks lovely when you look out the window, not so nice when you go out the door, brrrrrrr! Babysitting my cousins little 3 yr old today, Kelly's coming round to scan the little ginger cat for a microchip (here's hoping) and then have to take OH up to the shops to buy my pressies. Did all of my wrapping last night, finished at just after midnight!!!!!!!
Hope everyone has a good day.

Snoof - enjoy your Christmas and new year, and look forward to loads of photos when you come back.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
22-12-2006, 10:13 AM   #3

Morning all, very cold and frosty this morning. Hubby's off playing golf today - rather him than me as it really is extrememly cold! Got some pressie wrapping to do today. Off to see my mum this evening and do a big trolley dash. Need to nip out thisw morning and buy the horse his Christmas stocking

Hope you all have a very nice day

3 days until Christmas

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
22-12-2006, 10:37 AM   #4

Happy Christmas Snoof - have a lovely time; we'll look forward to seeing you (and the kittens! ) in the new year.
Good luck with the ginger Alex
Have a good trolley-dash Fran
Little less cold, little less fog here today - fingers crossed. I'm going to be brave & put on my wellies and se if I can get some parsnips and purple sprouting from the allotment. Brrr.
Got to do a treble filter-Dyson of the bedroom my son will use (but which the cats think is their own. He wasn't allergic when growing up - because he grew up with the animals I guess - but he will get sniffy here now. Poor chap!
Hope everyone has a pleasant and stress-free day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-12-2006, 10:39 AM   #5

Just a few last things left to do . . . need to go into town to get some hollandaise sauce and some batteries for my standard SLR camera. I'm fed up of the semi-awful picture my bog-standard digital camera takes and as I haven't got my digital SLR yet, I'm going to resort to my trusted old faithful this Christmas.

Hubby's taken my Lexus to work coz (a) is horribly slippery out in the country where our office is and (b) he'd never get Dominik's monster fire engine into his car. So I'm limited to doing stuff on foot as we can't get the baby seats in his car (and I don't like driving it anyway)

One last present to wrap and then we're sorted! I'm so happy to be within walking distance to town as all the car parks have been full for the last week and it's been a constant traffice jam outside my window into the shops

Catsey Veteran

22-12-2006, 11:36 AM   #6

Ohhhh, I'm having a bad day! The postman delivered one of my presents for Hippie at 9.45 - I'm usually home then but today I had to go buy a last-minute present for my little sister-in-law. I'm waiting for someone to answer the phone at the sorting office so I can beg for them to think about a solution as we can't pick it up till the day after Boxing Day!

Nevermind, I've spoken to the man now and he's said he'll keep an eye out and put it aside if it gets there today, and then tomorrow morning we'll go in and have a look-see if it's there.

Hippie's not fussed, he's reminded me that he gets all he wants for Christmas already - but it annoys me!

The other package got through, however, and that's one I waited 2 weeks for the website to get in stock before cancelling it and re-ordering somewhere else. It's a rather more important one, so that's good at least

All but one of Random's presents is wrapped, and all but 2 of the presents for other people (picked up those 2 this morning, so I'll hopefully be able to sneak off and wrap those and Hippie's presents before he gets home today). We spent more than an hour last night, both of us sat on the bed wrapping presents, most of them for Random Seems we overspent a little But it can't be helped now

Every once in a while everyone needs spoiling, and this is the first Christmas where he really fully understands the proceedings. He's so excited! We're both really looking forward to him unwrapping his presents on Christmas morning

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-12-2006, 12:06 PM   #7

Snoof - I know what you mean!!! Dominik is SO excited and also fully understands all about Christmas now! I think I'm more excited about him being excited than he is being excited (if that makes sense)!!

Catsey Veteran

22-12-2006, 12:12 PM   #8

LOL. That makes perfect sense, Yola

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-12-2006, 12:53 PM   #9

Very cold, no frost but still foggy here today.....

I'm at last ready for Christmas, bar last minute things like bread, rolls and greens.....
all presents wrapped, best table linen at the ready ........... I still wonder if I've forgotten anything though!

Snoof
~ we'll excuse you Catsey duties until the 2nd! Have a lovely time!

Alex
~ I hope Ginge is about when Kelly arrives

Fran
~ Enjoy your trolley dash, it was murder in Sainsburys this morning

DM
~ I hope you were able to lift your parsnips

Yola
~ Dominik's monster fire engine sounds great..... worthy of a pic after Christmas?

Catsey Veteran

22-12-2006, 12:58 PM   #10

Thanks Mags I'm about to wander off for the duration as I want to get Hippie's presents wrapped before he gets home and have to do some bits and bats to one I'm making, too! We're doing our best to shave time off for the next few days as they'll be busy indeed - Hippie has some stuff left to do for one of my presents and we have the food shopping to finish.

I'm getting sort of stressed just thinking about the next few days - tomorrow we have to go into town, tonight he has to go to a depot with a friend who needs a ride and possibly to the shops, and on Sunday we'll be cooking cooking cooking till the wee hours to get everything sorted for Christmas dinner!

I've jokingly made some comments about how next year, we'll just lock all the doors and windows and pretend not to be home, but knowing him he'd still stress just as much laying on the loveliest Christmas dinner possible if it were just the 3 of us And since Random and his little sister are great friends, it'd be a shame not having her, his dad and his stepmum round for the occasion

Happy holidays, everyone!!!