Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
10-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #1

Remembrance Sunday

Good morning all. It's a lovely crisp autumn day here today, will be nice for the parades, which is always a blessing on this day.

Going to a wedding fayre later today with my niece and SIL, after my lunch with my parents. I love looking at all the nice dresses and cake displays, so happy that I can share this exciting time with her

My two furry friends have been good this weekend. Hope yours have been too

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
10-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #2

Re: Remembrance Sunday

sou ds like an exciting day aheaf posh hope you enjoy it.

Not sure what we are doing today yet. just going to have s cooked breakfast and decide after that. Its lovely and bright here today too

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #3

Hi PP and Pamela ......... yes, lovely bright day here too. OH will be taking Monty to agility in a short while, and then I will follow on with Dora at about 1.30 - it's too cold for me to stick around, so I will bring Monty home with me and light the log burner. I feel it's a day for warmth, Kindle and cuddly dog. Poor Monty was a wreck again last night, but this time with no real cause.

Hope Bella is herself again this morning Kazz?

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #4

Evening all. Have had a weird sort of day my Aunt passed away last Saturday my Dad's Sister in law she was 94 and had been in good mental but poor physical health for the last year. Speaking to one of her daughters today about funeral etc. Dad can't make his mind up if to go or not last time he want to a funeral he stumbled and fell so knocked his confidence I think and he would not go in a wheelchair.

Funeral week Wednesday so time to make up his mind.

Also speaking to another cousin who I rarely speak too had a nice chat. Need to do that more but don't.

Been out with Bella and now in had pleased to say managed to get out for the last weewee walk at 4pm and should be sorted if any go off.

Went round to the cenotaph and watched the parade especially the air cadets a neighbours son Joe was back he was in the cadets and is now in the air force.

Catsey Veteran

10-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #5

Angie Bella bounces back very well actually. She is eager to go out for walks but the darkness she associates with fireworks. But I don't blame her.
She has to hear them to be stressed so she seems to cope well herself.

Poor Monty, hope he is okay it is a shame when they are scared.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #6

Evening. A rugby morning with both boys in the U11 and U7 teams and then back to washing, drying, tidying front garden/raking leaves plus now awaiting a fabbo roast beef with lots of veggies and just a couple of tiny potatoes (low carbing). It's bee quite nice in the sun today but getting v chilly now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Angie Bella bounces back very well actually. She is eager to go out for walks but the darkness she associates with fireworks. But I don't blame her.
She has to hear them to be stressed so she seems to cope well herself.

Poor Monty, hope he is okay it is a shame when they are scared.
Yes, that must be it .... Monty last night and tonight he has been not his usual self but seems to be getting a little easier each night. Poor little woofers.

Catsey Veteran

10-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Yes, that must be it .... Monty last night and tonight he has been not his usual self but seems to be getting a little easier each night. Poor little woofers.
Hope he is still okay Angie

Catsey Veteran

10-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Evening. A rugby morning with both boys in the U11 and U7 teams and then back to washing, drying, tidying front garden/raking leaves plus now awaiting a fabbo roast beef with lots of veggies and just a couple of tiny potatoes (low carbing). It's bee quite nice in the sun today but getting v chilly now.
Oh I was going to have roast beef but went with pork. I was also out collecting the leaves and throwing a footie and rugby ball for the dog as I did it.

How is life treating you all then Yola. Still planning the long holiday in Italy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
11-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #10

The day went well, enjoyed the wedding fayre, especially impressed with the Bailey's fountain- little chocolate cups to help yourself to the liqueur pouring down an elaborate silver cascade- all for a mere £300, oh and supply your own Baileys!

You can really go to town on weddings today but my little 'do' 28 years ago was memorable and a fraction of the cost.

Sorry to hear Monty is still having 'aftershocks' Angie, yes I think the whole firework thing needs moderation, maybe a curfew of dates and times, it's getting ridiculous!
Sorry to hear about your Aunt Kazz, I can understand you dad's nervousness, funerals are never comfortable occasions and to have added worries must make it awkward for him.
Yola so glad to know the boys are getting stuck in with their rugby hope you were wrapped up warm!