Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
09-01-2006, 10:30 AM   #21

Re: Smudge unwell...

Well Smudge's bits and pieces seem less swollen this morning and he is happily bouncing round the garden at the minute. When I examined him this morning he had some runny poo stuck to him so not sure if the ab's have given him a runny tum although all the poos in his hutch were normal So another quick bath and freshen up and he seems fine. Will keep an eye on him. Have spoken to the vet and put her in the picture, she is happy for him to carry on with the ab's but will see him if it becomes necessary

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
09-01-2006, 01:41 PM   #22

Pleased to hear Smudge is feeling happier Fran.....

Catsey Veteran

10-01-2006, 12:27 AM   #23

Decided to take Smudge for a check over anyhow...apparantly he is very over weight well I knew he was a little over weight but didn't realise that he was far too much over weight (He has always been a greedy bunny!) He is unable to clean his bits and pieces up as he should due to being obese that's why he has become a little sore. He has had an long acting antibiotic injection save giving him the drops and now he is on a reducing diet ...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
10-01-2006, 12:31 AM   #24

At least you know what the problem is now Fran.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
10-01-2006, 08:01 AM   #25

The exact same thing happened to my Bunny after he was castrated, it didnt click with me that he couldnt clean himself which is why it slipped my mind. Has Smudge been neutered? "Riley" had poo on him a lot, I had to clip all round his bum every 2 weeks to keep him clean and dry, it wasnt so much him being overweight, he wasnt, but the coat went incredibly thick, and when poo got on it he couldnt clean it off, so he got sore. Hope Smudge continues to do well.
Dawn.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: bengal
10-01-2006, 09:26 AM   #26

poor smudge, is he going on a diet? hopefully he'll be okay now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
10-01-2006, 09:36 AM   #27

Poor Smudge.
More lettuce, less grain
Hope he's well on the way to recovery

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggie
10-01-2006, 09:41 AM   #28

Aww ickle Smudge..

Well he can keep Luna and Oliver company then They are both on diets too...

Catsey Veteran

10-01-2006, 10:13 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
The exact same thing happened to my Bunny after he was castrated, it didnt click with me that he couldnt clean himself which is why it slipped my mind. Has Smudge been neutered? "Riley" had poo on him a lot, I had to clip all round his bum every 2 weeks to keep him clean and dry, it wasnt so much him being overweight, he wasnt, but the coat went incredibly thick, and when poo got on it he couldnt clean it off, so he got sore. Hope Smudge continues to do well.
Dawn.
Yes he is castrated Dawn, they both are. Fudge is a much slighter rabbit and always has been Smudge has always been bigger but just seems to have ballooned overnight He has to have less 'hard feed' and is now on the Excel lite. He's always has a lot of grass, hay and Greens (I don't feed the rabbits lettuce) as he has access to the garden all day he doesn't really eat hard feed during the day but pigs out at night The vet says I have to take his hard food away from him at night and leave him with just hay but I haven't got the heart I just put less in last night of the reducing food. He hasn't eaten much so I guess he is not very keen on this new food

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
10-01-2006, 07:42 PM   #30

Poor Smudge, I expect he will start eating again when he feels more comfortable.
Dawn.