Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #1

Please say "Hello" to Monty!

Monty is 8 weeks old today and as cute as a button ....

Best photo so far .....

Kizzy is not very impressed .....

We had a good journey home. Monty cried a bit to start in the car but soon settled and has been a good boy since. He has had some water and run around in the garden but does not seem to want his tea yet. The breeder did warn me that might happen and said not to worry about it. Monty has spent the rest of the afternoon sleeping in the shade outside in the garden with me and is a friendly, contented little boy. He does have a sad little face but must be missing his mum and brothers .... hope he adjusts quickly because it's heartbreaking hearing his little cries. I become like a blancmange!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-04-2011, 05:14 PM   #2

Re: Please say "Hello" to Monty!

Hello Monty and Angie thats a pup with attitude.......good attitude I think. Kizzy I think you are right does look a little less than impressed although I think if I ecall rightly she looked less than impressed by Pips arrival too. Although she should soon click on that a dog is a good "rear guard" for the home front when you are out doing feline business.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
25-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #3

Love that pic you've decided is the best one yet. Just shows him in all his puppy glory!

Poor Kizzy, but she'll come round given time - and her buddy Pip back. They'll all shake down eventually.

*sends comforting hugs to Monty* Cheer up little man, you're now in your forever home, and you'll soon settle in nicely.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
25-04-2011, 06:14 PM   #4

Angie - he is adorable. Such a cute wee face, but you can see the mischief shining through.

Poor Kizzy - I'm sure she'll be fine.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
25-04-2011, 06:18 PM   #5

Love the photos Angie he is drop dead gorgeous! Has he got some nice cuddly toys to snuggle up to? it must be bewildering for pets moving into a new house away from their litter mates but they soon settle and forget all about their brothers and sisters, and you're his mum now!

(watch him on the pebbles though, dogs are not like sensible cats and even now I find Morgan with a stone in his mouth, fortunately I also taught him "swap" so he hands it over for a treat!)

Good luck for his first night home! hope you get some sleep

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #6

Good point about the pebbles. My Tess often used to have a pebble/stone....Sal never bothered I think Tess got the sphere thing wrong and decided they could be balls.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
25-04-2011, 06:31 PM   #7

He's such a cutie and looks so cuddly, Angie

Poor Kizzy doesn't know what to make of him yet but I'm sure they will be great pals given time...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-04-2011, 06:33 PM   #8

He is such a cutie, sure Kizzy and Monty will become good friends....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #9

Awwwww he's gorgeous Angie, he will soon settle in and bond with you. I like the pic of Kizzy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #10

Thanks about the warning re the pebbles .... he did pick one up and took it into the border to play with. Will certainly keep at eye on him there. He seems to enjoy playing with his soft toy more.