Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby
17-03-2014, 04:11 PM   #1

Kittens!!

Hi Guys!!

After much consideration me and my partner have decided that Beth needs a play mate, we feel like she is lonely. We are looking for a kitten but we would like one from 9 weeks really, so as young as possible so that she sees it as her own and it can settle in at a young age
I was wondering if anyone's kitty's were due a litter or if they know a good place for me to look.

Muchos gratis

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
17-03-2014, 05:04 PM   #2

Re: Kittens!!

Hi Nat, first place I would look is your nearest rescue centre. It is the start of the spring kitten season and very soon they will be overrun. A good rescue centre will make sure the kitten is vaccinated, flead and wormed and will sometimes pay the cost of neutering when the time comes. Whenever we have a 'vacancy' we always go to rescue centres if a cat doesn't find us first! I personally think a young tom kitten would be better than another she. Although they are boisterous to start with they will soon settle, especially if Beth puts him in his place, We have 5 toms, all neutered and they all get on.

Catsey Junior

17-03-2014, 05:08 PM   #3

Hey!!

Thank you for the advice, we're looking into a tom would you recommend looking for another tabby or will Beth not really mind?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
17-03-2014, 05:44 PM   #4

I realy cant see that Beth would mind what sort of cat you got as long as the personalities are compatable.
It's great that you can offer a home to another cat and i don't want to be a killjoy, just be aware that there are sure to be fireworks at first. There will be advice on hear about how to introduce cats which should help you.

Catsey Junior

17-03-2014, 06:17 PM   #5

Yeah we are just hoping that another cat will bring her out of her shell a little bit. She goes looking for cats if she hears meowing bless her!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
18-03-2014, 03:00 AM   #6

Install a plug in Feliway two weeks before u bring anotger kitt home

Catsey Junior

18-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #7

Yeah gotta find some kittens first

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-03-2014, 07:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natp263
Yeah we are just hoping that another cat will bring her out of her shell a little bit. She goes looking for cats if she hears meowing bless her!!
i could be speaking out of turn here, but i wouldn't get another cat for Beth's sake, only if you want another.
IMO cats are loners, not pack animals like dogs.
If she's a timid cat, i would think she may be scared when you say she goes looking for other cats.
i guess what i'm trying to say is don't rush into it thinking that Beth needs another cat if you don't feel ready.

Catsey Junior

23-03-2014, 09:00 PM   #9

Hi guys
Thanks for your advice. After thinking about it long and hard we went for it and got an 8 week old called Molly. She's lovely, playful and very happy. However, as we feared Beth has not taken to her at all she has hidden away for the last couple of days and today she has been very angry and hissing and scratching both myself and my partner. Hopefully she will come round

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Oriental
24-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #10

How are you approaching the introduction?