Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
10-10-2008, 04:22 PM   #1

cats and dogs

does anyone know if a cats behaviour change after getting spayed/neutered is the same as a dogs???? and if so,how long does it take, in a dog i was told it takes from 6 wks to 6 mnths.it took my dog bout 2 mnths

anno its earlier days as my kitten was only spayed a few days ago,i was just wondering

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
10-10-2008, 06:09 PM   #2

Re: cats and dogs

Both my dog and cat never changed their behaviour much after spaying. Not that I had any problems before. Posh did settle down and stop crying out to be mated but that was a good thing coz as she came to us as a stray and we didn't know her fertility status (we didn't know much about anthing cat-wise!) We were relieved that that could be solved.
Bron (our dog) was spayed at 6 months and she continues to have a patient wonderful nature.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
10-10-2008, 06:16 PM   #3

My cats did change quite a bit, they seemed to settle down and became a lot more calm...Cannot say I really noticed any difference in the dogs though....

Banned

Cats owned: California
jemce is Male
28-11-2008, 09:25 AM   #4

I also have a cat & also a dog.I also want to say like Posh Puss that my dog and cat both never changed their behavior much after spaying.Not that I had any problems before.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
28-11-2008, 10:08 AM   #5

My 2 persians didn't change much because they were quite young when the ops were done, they were quite sedate anyway and happy to play indoors. However big old Ferdy my ex-stray did a complete 180 degree turnaround . . . from a fighting, spraying, marauding old tom to a lovely, cute (if heavy and smelly) lap cat who wasn't really interested in going out any more.