Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #41

Re: Kittens hissing....

Kitten size steps they are taking.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Siamese
22-07-2008, 09:52 PM   #42

Yep absolutely!!!! They're eating some biccies now!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
27-07-2008, 07:28 AM   #43

hiya im having the same with my kittens, i have a feeling these wasnt handled at all as they were kept in a crate and mum and dad lived at another house (yes im stupid) and they run out once she opened the door.

she hides behind the fridge when i leave the room, but she follows me out of the room, which is kinda sweet i guess!! has started coming up to me, not often i think twice to sit on my lap. still runs if i stand up! well i am bigger then her!

just kinda letting her get on with it now.

how are your two doing? im hoping another kitten will bring both of them together and more outgoing. i know i keep comparing them to my other cat whos 11now but he was with me 100% from day 1! he is part siamese and i know now they kinda pick one person to love!

i wish i knew what these cat was!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Worlds No 1 Moggy and 2 Selkirk Rex
27-07-2008, 09:09 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorna
Hey, they are 10 weeks, i've put my t shirt in there, they're in the kitchen, I just put them both in the litter tray but neither used it. They've had some food and a little drink, but they still hissed when I went ot pick them up, but they did let me have little cuddles before I carried them to the kitchen!

I hope they will come round I want really cuddly cats!!!!
They are babies in a strange place away from mum for the first time - give them time!

Loads of good advice on this thread but take the pressure off them being friendly straight away and adapting straight away and you will enjoy them much more

Catsey Junior

27-07-2008, 11:39 AM   #45

Well its a week today, Ocean doesn't hiss, Choco does. Ocean has even jumped up on me during play time, but doesn't come to me especially.....I think Ocean will be the cuddly one out of the two, but Choco is clearly terrified! I think it will take a few more weeks, but they have their play time, and thats always when I'm on the sofa so if they want to play on the sofa they have to jump on me

L xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by knottybabe
hiya im having the same with my kittens, i have a feeling these wasnt handled at all as they were kept in a crate and mum and dad lived at another house (yes im stupid) and they run out once she opened the door.

she hides behind the fridge when i leave the room, but she follows me out of the room, which is kinda sweet i guess!! has started coming up to me, not often i think twice to sit on my lap. still runs if i stand up! well i am bigger then her!

just kinda letting her get on with it now.

how are your two doing? im hoping another kitten will bring both of them together and more outgoing. i know i keep comparing them to my other cat whos 11now but he was with me 100% from day 1! he is part siamese and i know now they kinda pick one person to love!

i wish i knew what these cat was!!
Oh dear, it does sound as if they weren't properly socialized! But she's young and adaptable, and will will come around with time and patience.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: B&W Semi-Long Hair Moggy
Darky is Male
27-07-2008, 04:42 PM   #47

Remember that some cats even change behaviour years on into their lifetime.

My cat Tiger [RIP] was a very skittish young adult when we got her and hated me picking her up or taking her into another room. She was shy and a wee bit stand off-ish.

Over the years she became more and more relaxed, and in the last couple years of her life she was super-cuddly, chilled out and very attached to me.

Catsey Senior

27-07-2008, 11:57 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Oh dear, it does sound as if they weren't properly socialized! But she's young and adaptable, and will will come around with time and patience.
hyia i know im such a complete and utter idiot really, i had just been forced to sell my dog as my house fell through & the place i had to move into didnt accept pets
about 2 weeks or 1 i cant remember now my partner says his chatted to the landlady & she will accept cats......so we basically go and see the first one we find (god im stupid!) and i felt really forced into getting her like i was cornered, they all looked healthy & was wormed & flead, she did genuinely seem like a cat lover and had lots of advice for me but they were in a crate and just run out, she said she lets them out, but you dont know do you?

my parnter was like do you want one? she was saying take one! and im standing there wanting to talk to my parnter but i felt rude and then she put the price up by £10!! i was like ermmmmm. should have spoke up, if i did i wouldnt have taken her mean i know but after everything i just wanted something to love wouldny give her up now though!! shes a little sod keeps trying to play in her water bowl!!

then when i see them advetised for £25!! less! i was really annoyed but what can i do? pointless phoning her, she just just sold her kittens a litter of 8, although i saw no cats in her house. and this litter she said was her daughters and mum & dad werent there, even though they were only 7 weeks old?

ARGH! sometimes i amaze myself i know you shouldnt see cats/dogs without there mums and then i get one!

manged to find her ad & see what breed the kitten is lots of them there! ah dear! whats done is done now!

Catsey Junior

28-07-2008, 07:57 AM   #49

Awww hun. I was told they were very people friendly.....they're not at all, I am going to just keep giving them their space. Ocean just jumped down to see what I was doing when I was putting the food in the bowl this morning, so thats a good thing x

Catsey Senior

28-07-2008, 04:47 PM   #50

i always say 'din dins' when im putting the food down or before i get there, she comes running now when she hears it!

my other cat is whistle trained!! for food & to come back (his a outdorrs cat!) my dad taught him it as a kitten. im doing the same with her now i whislte a certain tune when i come in the room so she knows its me! and she comes out of her hiding place!