Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Trinity(DSH) Neo(RagxPer)Lily(Rag)
08-12-2006, 03:35 PM   #1

Trixie and Trinity are going home

Hi there

As all of you probably know Trixie and Trinity are coming home today early than expected but the breeder seems sure they are ready and she is very trusting and does love her animals so I am a bit more confident now.

They are 6 weeks old and are big fat kittens. We will be going early evening today so hopefully all will be well in our household tonight any advice in settling them in would be helpful.

I am going to get some kitten milk today and put it next to their water to give them a bit of extra boost while they are still young.

Wish me the best of luck. I am taking from the breeder the blanket that i gave her originally when we first met so they know the smell. Some of the food she has been feeding them and some of the litter from the tray.

Also I was wondering should I put collars on them straght away or not?

I am very worried. As you can tell.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
08-12-2006, 03:39 PM   #2

Re: Trixie and Trinity are going home

Glad the day has finally come to collect them - bet your bursting at the seams!

I would just give them water, milk is heavy on their little tummies & water is all they need.

Good luck.

Oh & I'd give them a few days to settle then introduce the collars.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
08-12-2006, 03:43 PM   #3

I'd be inclined to keep them confined to just one room for a day or two until they find their feet. I wouldn't give kitten milk either, if they are weaned then they should be well used to drinking water. I agree with Smudgley re the collars, let them settle in first - they have a lot of change to cope with. Have loads of fun and don't forget some piccies

Catsey Senior

08-12-2006, 03:47 PM   #4

Ok no kitten milk or collars I will make sure we don't do that then lo.. Also we were planning on keeping them in their room for a day or two or for however long it takes them to settle anyway so at least I was on the right track there. They have 30 toys now god knows how i gt that many, two beds, and a cardboard box that ive made into a little fun house, also they have their essentials litter tray food bowls etc... etc.. So I think I am ready. I am llike a nesting mum at the moment oh says keep wondering around arranging things.

As I said in my other thread thankyou all for being so kind and friendly. I really am grateful.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-12-2006, 04:01 PM   #5

I can't add anything to what Smudgley and Fran have said above except............ lucky, lucky you!!

Your concern over the care of the little ones shows that you will make a great mum for them. You are doing just fine....... when they are here just sit back, relax and enjoy the delights of owning kittens, I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

Good luck for later!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
08-12-2006, 04:22 PM   #6

Very exciting time for you......they will be two lucky kittens, cannot wait until you post pics x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
08-12-2006, 04:36 PM   #7

Congratulations to you on your new babies, can't wait for more pictures...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-12-2006, 04:45 PM   #8

You'll be fine - and there is always someone on Catsey to give you advice!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-12-2006, 11:53 PM   #9

The weeks seem to have gone so very fast, how lovely kittens in the house. Only one thing to add be careful kittens are so tiny and so fast before you know it they are under your feet.

Catsey Senior

09-12-2006, 01:20 PM   #10

Hey everyone we have taken lots of picture but cnt put them online yet as my battery gone on the camera. They slept the whole way home and are lovely will say more on other thread.