Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
21-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #21

Re: TalkTalk and AOL Broadband billing rant!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan
I used to be with AOHell-nobody would recognise my account or phone number even though they took the money every month.

They even set the debt collectors on us after I had cancelled the account. As Jenny was not long out of hospital and undergoing radiotherapy 5 days a week we just paid up to be rid of them.
Stephen that's awful, sorry to hear that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
22-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #22

Mac code came through today. Goodbye TalkTalk/AOL.

Catsey Veteran

20-11-2011, 04:21 PM   #23

Back on this rubbish again.

Installed my dads bt hub today and still cannt get online, it keeps coming up with AOL and some rubbish about being behind in payments. I have un-installed AOL and still this rubbish keeps popping up and we cannt get connected. Cannt get any help from BT as they are not open to phone enquiries till tomorrow. It seems that the 24-7 help from BT is online help, this is all well and good if you can actually get online!
I am not sure if this is an AOL issue but am assuming that it is as they are an absolute nightmare.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-11-2011, 04:56 PM   #24

Honestly, Elaine, this is just too much! Will you ever get it straightened out???

Catsey Veteran

20-11-2011, 05:13 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Honestly, Elaine, this is just too much! Will you ever get it straightened out???
I dont know Eileen but I'll keep you posted xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
21-11-2011, 12:15 AM   #26

Hair pulling out time. My brother keeps telling me to go to BT but I've changed before and it's a nightmare.

Catsey Veteran

23-11-2011, 10:29 PM   #27

Sorted, found a programe to remove all, had a few probs getting the bt to work, called them and they were extremely helpful, and polite.

Cats owned: apricot red point siamese
26-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #28

I was with Tiscali and Talk Talk bought over and the speeds to my internet dropped badly, so i tryed to cancel and said i was in contract so i would have to pay £200 but never did and never heard from them so obv they lied.

Glad you got it sorted.

Catsey Veteran

26-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #29

My father still gets letters from debt collection agencies, threatening him with court action over it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
02-09-2012, 08:47 AM   #30

We had terrible problems with talk talk after they bought out Tiscalli who were fantastic, decided to change providers, then they started to try and chase for money when they weren't even our providers, after about 10 calls to them we wrote to them and invoiced THEM for our time trying to deal with (they hadn't entered an end date on our account) gave them 14 days to pay otherwise I would take it straight to the court and let a judge decided who was in the right. Well they soon sorted themselves out AND paid the money and we got a letter of apology.

sometime I think this is the only way to deal with these muppets.!!! Also Elaine I would do a quick letter to the collection agency telling them it is in dispute, legally I believe they cannot then chase for the money or it looks bad if it ever went to court.

Don't let these companies get away with it and don't be frightened about having to go to court and explain what has happened, judges are normal everyday people and a lot of these companies would lose if it ever went that far x if you need any help I am happy to construct a very strongly worded letter.. X