Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
25-08-2016, 09:30 PM   #1

Grumpiness after dinner

I've noticed recently that Ebony intermittently gets really grumpy after eating dinner and I'm not sure if it's anything to worry about. Some evenings after dinner she'll be perfectly fine and will only get upset (understandably) if Tigger plays the game of hunt Ebony's tail, other evenings Ebony will get grumpy and won't want anything to do with Tigger and some evenings even extends that to me.

I know some nights she has nightmares, she'll wake up crying out a bit but will settle once she's heard my voice (she's 5 so she won't be suffering from dementia), her nightmares she's had intermittently since she was picked up by rescue so we think it may be related to the trauma she went through before she was taken into rescue.

Right now, apparently Tigger can go away, I can go away, the fly in the house can go away, even the cat toys can all go away. She's taken herself onto the chair she's claimed as hers and there's only certain people she will allow to sit there (my mum being one of them)