Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-03-2008, 01:51 PM   #1

Naughty or Nice?

My brain has been whirring! I've been trying to devise a questionnaire for Catsey peeps about whether their cats are "Naughty or Nice" - this has been inspired by Amber saying that her Amber would as soon give me a clawed lip if I tried to give her a kissums and of course, La Diva and her various difficult behaviours!

OK - would like suggestions for the questions. Here are some topics I think would be relevant, please add any comments or other questions you think would fit the bill!

1. If cat is used to living in a household with more than one person, does the cat go to more than one person for cuddles etc.?

2. If the cat normally lives with other cats is he/she comfortable in their company or does he/she avoid contact with all or any of them?

3. Does cat have noted general aggressive behaviour?

4. Does cat become upset when anything particular is being done eg pilling; cleaning ears; cleaning teeth; grooming; clipping claws?

5. Does cat run away when a frequent visitor comes to your home?

6. Does cat run away when a stranger comes to your home?

(I do of course accept that running away from a strange visitor is probably a good idea!)

These questions probably need tweaking and I also invite you to comment about weighting the marks awarded to the answers - so that either highest marks mean "Naughty" and lowest indicate "Nice" or round the other way.

Please put your thinking caps on!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #2

Re: Naughty or Nice?

Good questions! How about a scale like:

Always - 7 points

Most of the time - 5 points

Occasionlly - 3 points

Never - 1 point

Leia would have 22 points on that scale, with the first 2 N/A's....

These are about socialization; are you going to add any about behavior? Such as inappropriate defecation...? Interesting project!

Edited: forgot a ways back Leia was living with 2 other cats, so add 5 points for question 2......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
24-03-2008, 06:40 PM   #3

Goos idea, I like DM's ranking scoring too, that would work I think!

I think mine would all be very nice except Princess!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic Short hair
Steph is Male
24-03-2008, 07:11 PM   #4

Every cat we have had would come out `nice`-But the late Conker did have a habit of finding a bird nest,and bringing the chicks one by one with some smug look on his face-not nice.

Cleo is perfect,doesn`t hunt,wary of strangers but comfortable with those she knows-a bit severe with her claws when `making butter` when I comb her though

Catsey Veteran

24-03-2008, 07:58 PM   #5

How would you characterize hunting? Outdoors natural, but a bit on the naughty side from our viewpoint? But indoors to me is definitely nice: this Autumn Leia rid the house of 6 mice and one large rat!! Shades of grey ........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-03-2008, 11:31 PM   #6

I think hunting is a natural instinct and is after all, why cats and humans began this lovely partnership all those ages ago. Even if we don't approve of some of the animals they catch I think on those grounds hunting should not be included in the questionnaire.

Catsey Veteran

25-03-2008, 01:33 AM   #7

OK, makes sense to me, Angie!