Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-02-2006, 04:54 PM   #1

Old man in shed - go on have a laugh

Well here is the story behind the title of the thread...........

My Dad adores his shed spending ages out there in all weathers with his heater on, well today it appears my Mom took him a cup of tea and a jam tart out about 12'sh (then she settled down to watch something on sky and do some knitting)

I arrived about 2.30ish and Mom was asleep in the armchair I said "where's Dad" the reply from Mom "in his shed" then I heard banging - I wondered what he was making but he is always doing something so I took no notice. Then the banging continued I looked out the back kitchen window and thought I wonder what he is making then I looked again the shed was locked the bolt slid across the door I went out an opened it and inside a very irate old Man

"Silly old woman" were his only words "she brought me a cup of tea and a jam tart and locked the bolt on the door when I tried to get out I couldn't I've been banging here for about 2 hours" (he has a clock on the wall in the shed)
He is not a happy man and Mom's only reply was "I told you not to have a jam tart" Ithink my falling about laughing did not help they have started talking again now though....but he is not happy, years ago he set up a signal method so Mom does not have to come out to get his attention, all she does is flick a switch which flashes a light twice which can mean breakfast, lunch, visitors or simply come in.

Trouble is Mom can't hear him if he shouts (that much after today is obvious) she puts the TV on or CD's and she is oblivious, plus she moves from room to room. He said he will padlock the bolt open so she can't lock him in again.

It was funny though, Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
22-02-2006, 05:01 PM   #2

Re: Old man in shed - go on have a laugh

This made me smile Karen x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-02-2006, 05:08 PM   #3

Oh and incase you are worrying he wouldn't have been there all night as my Mom pointed out to him "he peels the potatoes for dinner while countdown is on" so I imagine she would have noticed he wasn't there by then Old people huh who'd have 'em. But can't see her living this down for a while - my Sister has already rung to check Dad is not in the shed

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
22-02-2006, 05:11 PM   #4

That's a lovely story

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-02-2006, 05:24 PM   #5

awww bless!"!!! your poor dad!!! now if my grandad went missing for two hours nobody would think anything of it. HE used tot ake that long to go get the paper from the shop opposite his house! but he did chops to anyone and evryone he could, think he wanted tokeep out my grnas way mostly.

old people can be funny, but after 10 years working with them i'd had enough lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
22-02-2006, 05:26 PM   #6

That is such a sweet story Kazz! Made me smile!!! My dad loves pottering about. He is always busy doing something in the garden!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-02-2006, 05:38 PM   #7

Bless 'em!!! Your poor Mum will be ribbed about that for some time to come methinks and your Dad will be calling in the favours something furious

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 moggies
22-02-2006, 05:50 PM   #8

That is funny!! Poor man!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
22-02-2006, 05:52 PM   #9

that is so funny , poor old Dad!!!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-02-2006, 06:29 PM   #10

Awww poor Dad...but it was funny!