Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Closed Thread

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
10-07-2008, 11:30 PM   #1

GCCF guidelines on homing of pedigree kittens

The GCCf, the Governing body of pedigree cats have a guideline that pedigree cats are not re-homed before 13 weeks of age and are fully vaccinated. There is a member on here who has got a pedigree kitten at about 8 weeks of age, that is almost half the age a pedigree kitten should go to it's new home I'd like this thread to be information to people new to pedigree kittenship ownership to be able to be well informed and hence hopefully buy from a reputable breeder...

The GCCF guidelines...

http://www.gccfcats.org/ethics.html

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
10-07-2008, 11:36 PM   #2

Re: GCCF guidelines on homing of pedigree kittens

Yip it's me peeps. Big bad Jac.

Who promoted you to be god Fran? I'm not going to be personall but thoes who live in glasss houses! There are extreem circumstanses, but your acting like I'm going to boil my baby in hot oil.

Catsey Veteran

10-07-2008, 11:37 PM   #3

I do everything by the book Jac, that's why I get so aggravated when there are back street breeders letting kittens go at 8 weeks to so called 'experienced owners'

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 3 persians
10-07-2008, 11:37 PM   #4

My new baby will be about 14 weeks when I bring him home and should have learnt lots of things from Mum by then not just eating solids.

In my opinion all kittens (pedigree or not) should be with Mum for a minimum of 12 weeks so as to avoid, as far as possible any behavioural issues.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
10-07-2008, 11:39 PM   #5

why have you putit in debates ifits meant as an information thread

Can I just ask a question,is the fact that this kitten has been rehomed early going to harm her health in anyway? I ask because surely the most important thing here is that the little girl is looked after,loved and healthy

Catsey Veteran

10-07-2008, 11:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
Yip it's me peeps. Big bad Jac.

Who promoted you to be god Fran? I'm not going to be personall but thoes who live in glasss houses! There are extreem circumstanses, but your acting like I'm going to boil my baby in hot oil.
Just pointing out the GCCf guidelins Jac. Would hate to see Catsey to be promoting back yard breeders

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
10-07-2008, 11:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Just pointing out the GCCf guidelins Jac. Would hate to see Catsey to be promoting back yard breeders
Yeh yeh Fran Whatever... Unkile Luke you wont beat me down.
Quote so called experianced owners. What are you trying to say? I hope your not trying to get personal bacause that's not allowed on Catsey. If you have a problem with me make a thread (like you haven't done that) or pm me.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 3 persians
10-07-2008, 11:54 PM   #8

I think its important that people just browsing threads are made aware of the guidelines when buying a pedigree kitten so that they know what procedures reputable breeders should follow.

There is obviously a reason why your little one has been rehomed early but I have read this thread as not an attack on you but setting out to 'browsers' that this isn't the norm.

Catsey Veteran

10-07-2008, 11:54 PM   #9

Nothing personal at all (infact I was one of the few that stood up for Luke!) Just stating guidelines as anyone coming on here and reading your thread would think it ok to take a pedigee kitten at less than 13 weeks. Read the GCCf guidelines on homing pedigree kittens. Of course Catsey is all about ethical breeding, someone new to this forum looking for advice should not think it ok to re-home a pedigree cat at 8 weeks old

Catsey Veteran

11-07-2008, 12:00 AM   #10

The mods can move this thread to which ever section they feel it fits into but at the end of the day, these are the GCCF guidelines for ethical breeding and re-homing of pedigree kittens and I think it's important that people contemplating buying a pedigree kitten know these facts and are not just lulled by other threads that it is ok to re-home pedigree kittens at a very young age.

Closed Thread