Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
11-10-2014, 08:38 PM   #1

Pod and transdermal hyperthyroid treatment.

We had a foster cat years ago, with some serious behavioural issues, who was finally rehomed to a lovely lady who has worked with him and totally earned his trust. He is a stressy boy, so we offered to look after him whenever she was away, so he knew the house and us, over the last 6 years we have been his holiday home.
At the beginning of the year I said I thought he may be hyperthyroid, he's 12 now, and when he was tested, sure enough he was. His behavioural issues meant giving a tablet was not possible and he was not going to cope with being away for radiotherapy. The vet couldn't feel a goitre so didn't want to operate.
I remembered that Eileen had used a transdermal treatment in America so looked it up and sent the link to his owner. She researched it, told her vet and he is now on the treatment, shipped in from the USA and he is doing brilliantly on it. His levels are normal and he's putting on weight. We have him this week and it's so easy to apply.
Apparently it isn't much more expensive than vidalta, so worth knowing about.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-10-2014, 10:47 AM   #2

Re: Pod and transdermal hyperthyroid treatment.

What great news for this stressy boy. I remember Eileen mentioning the transdermal treatment for Leia. It's wonderful that this cat's vet has got the product from USA - I wonder when it will become more generally available in UK.