Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
24-09-2014, 05:07 PM   #1

Hoping to foster for Cats Protection

I'm waiting to hear from Cats Protection about volunteering for them, they know I have a room I can use to keep the cat seperate from Ebony and Tom, hope I get accepted by them. I don't know when they'll contact me, they know my landline number and mobile number and email address so they know how to contact me and they know where I live as well.

Does anyone here volunteer for them at the moment? I contacted the local branch here a few weeks back when I was still in the process of getting a working landline phone but I've got one now and told them it's number.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
24-09-2014, 06:57 PM   #2

Re: Hoping to foster for Cats Protection

I would love to do something like that but cant with my lot, hence why im involved with springer rescue.

Good luck with the fostering, i know it can be rewarding from what i have read and heard from others and it also means lots of photos to add here too!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
24-09-2014, 07:24 PM   #3

Fostered for CP years ago. OH found 3 kittens in a sack in our river. Couldn't keep them at the time so we kept them until CP could take them. Dealt with quite a few different branches of CP, found them to be very efficient and a good, caring organisation. Good luck Phoenix, I wouldn't be able to part with kittens now and my interview technique for prospective owners would make the Spanish Inquisition pale into insignificance!

Catsey Veteran

25-09-2014, 02:14 PM   #4

They're going to arrange when to come over to see if the room I'm going to use for the foster cat is to their satisfaction

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-09-2014, 02:34 PM   #5

I wish you good luck Phoenix, such a worthwhile thing to do. I couldn't ........ would find it hard not to bond especially with an affectionate cat.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-09-2014, 03:48 PM   #6

good luck phoenix, hope you are accepted.
It isn't something i could do as my two dogs have got used to life without a cat, it would be too stressful for the cat

Catsey Veteran

07-10-2014, 01:49 PM   #7

They said although my home is a little far out for me to be a fosterer, they said they would be happy for me to be an emergency fosterer

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-10-2014, 03:34 PM   #8

Woo-hoo! That's good although you may have to "be prepared" at short notice, I guess.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
07-10-2014, 08:26 PM   #9

I would have thought that with the amount of stray cats and kittens there are you will be getting a call any time soon, Phoenix. Good luck.