Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: not sure
21-08-2014, 03:37 AM   #1

Litter Boxes

Is there such a thing as litter boxes that contain the kitty litter inside it easier. Cheddar and Devon are notorious for getting a ton of litter outside the box. They also play in it, not eating the litter or anything, but they keep jumping in and out or playing with a toy that happens to get into it. Is this normal kitten behaviour? Crazy kitties.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-08-2014, 08:36 AM   #2

Re: Litter Boxes

Normal for kits to find play in anything - it's how all young animals learn. You could get covered litter trays but I've not used them so don't know if they keep the litter in better. Someone else may have better knowledge!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
28-08-2014, 05:51 AM   #3

Covered litter trays worth their weight in gold

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
28-08-2014, 01:57 PM   #4

We used to have a cat that chucked all the litter out so I bought a very big, solid laundry basket. I've never used covered trays but all our trays are very big because all our cats are big. Fecto usually digs a big hole and puts his front paws in in it!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Oriental
28-08-2014, 07:01 PM   #5

Spent quite a bit of time sorting this out as both my cats are enthusiastic diggers.
Currently using paper based litter which is easy to clean up when it does get out, which it does.
Upstairs I have a Booda cleanstep litter box. In the kitchen I have an ikea hack, like this: http://www.yarnagogo.com/photos/unca...08/26/hol1.jpg with a standard litter tray in, and store everything else in there too. I also have cushions on top to make it a little bench. No one ever knows it's a litter tray. Need a different tray inside though as one of them is peeing over the side :/

Catsey Senior

28-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feliss
Spent quite a bit of time sorting this out as both my cats are enthusiastic diggers.
Currently using paper based litter which is easy to clean up when it does get out, which it does.
Upstairs I have a Booda cleanstep litter box. In the kitchen I have an ikea hack, like this: http://www.yarnagogo.com/photos/unca...08/26/hol1.jpg with a standard litter tray in, and store everything else in there too. I also have cushions on top to make it a little bench. No one ever knows it's a litter tray. Need a different tray inside though as one of them is peeing over the side :/
Wow! Where did you get this? It's awesome!!

Catsey Junior

28-08-2014, 10:12 PM   #7

which bit?

Catsey Senior

29-08-2014, 12:16 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feliss
which bit?
This one http://www.yarnagogo.com/photos/unca...08/26/hol1.jpg

Catsey Junior

31-08-2014, 09:18 PM   #9

I can't find it on ikea atm, maybe http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20078031/ could work?

Catsey Junior

31-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #10

google ikeahacks