Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Closed Thread

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
13-05-2006, 06:15 PM   #81

Re: Moggies... is it ever right to breed them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
She had one litter no problem Sue, the mastitis on the second litter the vet thought was a one off and the vet saw no reason why she couldn't go on to have the litter I had planned.

That's what makes us different Sue, I understand the risks involved with breeding and I am willing to take those risks..
Sadly though Fran, the risks involved are to Maud and not you. You said she had mastitis last litter and poorly again this litter. Just wondering why you think it is all worthwhile given her suffering and the costs involved to you? (again not having a go, just asking )

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 3 persians
13-05-2006, 06:17 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue
Oh poor Foofoo...what an awful thing to happen to her. How is she now???
She is fantastic - all memories of her past life well and truly erased

I'll put a recent piccie of her on the piccies thread

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
13-05-2006, 07:56 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
Sadly though Fran, the risks involved are to Maud and not you. You said she had mastitis last litter and poorly again this litter. Just wondering why you think it is all worthwhile given her suffering and the costs involved to you? (again not having a go, just asking )
I think this is what I want to ask to Kim.

1. If you dont breed for profit
2. Are prepared to put your Cat at huge risk, knowing she has suffered in the past
3. Say that you are out of pocket
4. Are not keeping any for yourself

Why do it?
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
13-05-2006, 08:26 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn

2. Are prepared to put your Cat at huge risk, knowing she has suffered in the past

Why do it?
Dawn.
I don't see why anybody should justify themselves to you Dawn or anybody else on this forum, apologies if this is not how your post was intended to come across.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
13-05-2006, 08:34 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm
I think we should really be discussing why are so many people so willing to get rid of animals.
I think that requires at least one person who ditches cats to be involved. Think CP is probably the wrong place to find one. Absolutely agree that that is a huge problem. People who don't have cats because they're genuinely interested and fond of cats. (Genuinely as in interested in finding out what makes their cat tick and in letting it be a happy cat.) More shoes I would not choose to walk an inch in, let alone a mile.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
13-05-2006, 08:39 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
I don't see why anybody should justify themselves to you Dawn or anybody else on this forum, apologies if this is not how your post was intended to come across.
Its a genuine question Emma, Fran has stated she makes no money from breeding moggy Cats, and that her Cat has had 2 accidental litters, one of which she was ill during, then mated her again and she has been ill again, I was just wondering why anyone would do that to a pet if its not intended as financial gain. Nobody "assumes" Vet bills for ill Cats, so what was the reason for her putting her Cat through it again as she also stated she had no intention of keeping any. The debate is whether or not its right to breed them, I was asking Frans reasons (as she does it) for doing it, what is wrong with that? No malice intended at all.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
13-05-2006, 08:49 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by deester

And I am not one to think that you can make a profit at breeding either the costs are enormous - cat litter, making kittening pens, cat food, cat litter, litter boxs, kitten packs, worming tablets, flea treatment, vet fees, advertising and probably a new sofa lol.
so why have you done it?
again not to keep a kitten was it?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
13-05-2006, 09:00 PM   #88

I'd imagine that any breeder with feeling would breed kittens for the joy they give to the breeder and the future owners. Just a guess here. No use making the perfect cat, if no-one else can enjoy it. No better way of letting your own perfect moggies live on than letting them continue in their kittens.
Ok, not debate, just emotion and speculation. Going to bed now. Too tired... : /

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
13-05-2006, 09:06 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn

Why do it?
Dawn.
Not that I am answerable to anyone on here...I bred this litter because I had some lovely homes lined up, there is a shortage of blue moggies, I had my vet's ok that it would be fine to do so and I have the time and the money to be able to raise happy, healthy babies whilst ensuring that Maud wants for nothing..

I get the distinct impression that no matter what I say, it will spark yet another load of questions and put me 'under the lamp' so as far as I am concerned, I have answered all your questions honestly and I have nothing further to add on this subject..

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Siamese.Maine Coon. moggies
13-05-2006, 09:10 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie3917
so why have you done it?
again not to keep a kitten was it?
why do you do it?
Isn't it continuation of the species???
and why is it that caring loving cat owners are tarred with the same brush as inconsiderate unscrupulous breeders...moggie or pedigree????
We are all here on Catpages because we love our Cats, why should anyone be condemned for it, and if that includes having a litter of kittens for the sheer joy and pleasure then so what, as long as its done responsibly. Why should certain people be allowed to breed from ther cats and not others, that seems extremely arrogant to me. We shouldn't be attacking each other..we should be congratulating and encouraging those who are conscientious about the welfare of their cats and kittens!!!!!!!

Closed Thread