Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
16-01-2009, 11:42 AM   #1

Daily thread: Friday..

No daily thread yet! Whats everyone doing then lol?

Its my day off today and im lookin for holiday on the net (im even listening to a spanish radio to get me in the holiday mood hehe). Anyone got any ideas where to go? Im so confused!

Its sunny here, dunno if its cold or not as ive not been out yet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
16-01-2009, 12:13 PM   #2

Re: Daily thread: Friday..

Morning Janey, morning all, its nice here today, windy but not cold, if I get get my back going, will have a lovely walk with the dogs, The kittens, which my son has named, Duch & Daisy slept with me, but were gone this morning, Daisy is still very snuffley, but her eyes are open more and she is playing and eating...so fingers crossed she is recovering.....and hopfully he will catch the other one today.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-01-2009, 12:14 PM   #3

No idea on hols Jane . . . however I hope you find the right winter sun spot for you

It's cold and damp here today. The cats are currently shut in my bedroom as I have a chap overhauling another one of my sash windows ~ not as exorbitently priced as the previous lot but just as good by the looks of things. I'll probably be doing one window a month so hopefully house will be snugger for it once completed.

Sebi woke with a slight fever this morning and he's a bit 'edgy'. I'm going to wrap him up and walk into town once Bob's finished the window. Shall give my newly-arrived trolley its first outing

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
16-01-2009, 12:19 PM   #4

Hi All, I envy you your holiday Janey, sunny and warm sounds very appealing at the moment. It's dry here but cold and windy. Wrap yourselves up warm for that walk into town, Yola. I guess you'll be warmer out than in while the window is being fixed Moli, mind your back, take care.

My cough& cattarrh (sp) is still a bother, but plodding on with housework today and my make a start on my next essay for the course I'm doing. Have a good day everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-01-2009, 12:58 PM   #5

Hi all!

Good luck with finding just the right holiday Janey! I'm not experienced with picking holidays abroad not been on very many, depends what you want/enjoy.

Moli - please take lots of care of your back. Are you going to see your own GP now you are back home?

Yola - enjoy your Walking with Trolley (sounds like the perfect title for a film!) and hope Sebi is good and your new sash window goes in well.

PP - I always suffer from catarrh after a cold and find Olbas pastilles a real help. Do hope it starts to clear soon, I know how miserable it can be.

Nearly finished putting everything back in my office but I am trying to not put back all of the clutter as my office was really spare room/dumping room/study/office! Makes a huge difference being able to play music on the PC rather than having a music centre in here as well. Can't do without my music, but am really loathe to get rid of my old hi-fi even though it is probably over 25 years old, still works a treat and has a lovely tone.

It is very grey here today - sounds like we are all in for an exciting weekend weather wise. Keep safe, warm and dry everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
16-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #6

Moli - please take lots of care of your back. Are you going to see your own GP now you are back home?
No need to Angie, got very strong killer from the doc in Fareham...although trying not to take them so often now...Walking the dogs will help it a lot...think it got so bad because I was not going out as mum had her bad foot and did not want to leave her......
Just sor first thing and if I sit too long, but think being home has really helped.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-01-2009, 05:27 PM   #7

Awful weather -13 and wind chill -30! The furnace is laboring and the house is COLD! This is supposedly the worst day, I certainly hope so. Stuck indoors again, not going out in this. Carolyn called to see if I want a lift to Whole Foods tomorrow...said yes! Leia didn't sleep with me last night...she slept under the duvet in the spare room! She never sleeps under things, so you know it was cold. No news here except the dreadful weather.

Yola, so you ordered that trolley?

Syay warm, peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
16-01-2009, 07:26 PM   #8

windchill -30 DM, no wonder you decided to stay indoors.

How did the trolley enjoy the outing yola?

That's me finished work for a weeks leave, loads planned.

Kinsi was speyed today, got her home about an hour ago and poor wee soul is v wobbly. Just wish she would lie down but she has not sat still since she came home.

Wet and windy here. gales forecast for tomorrow and snow for sunday!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-01-2009, 08:53 PM   #9

Yes Eileen - I ordered the trolley It was delivered to work on Thursday and everyone had fun taking the rip out of it (especially OH who is adamant he'll never lay a hand on it - we'll see ).

CM, It was great - because even when Sebi got tired and I had to carry him in the rain I could still pull the hellishly heavy trolley behind without any trouble. It also worked beautifully in grounding Sebs because on the pretext of him helping to pull it I got him to hold onto it throughout the whole shopping trip (he's a terrible one for wandering off).

I got SO many hard stares; mixture of hostility (from the chav element) and curiousity (from everyone else)!!

10/10 and the trolley keeps asking when we can go out again

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-01-2009, 09:11 PM   #10

Can't believe it's that cold in Washington Eileen - is that normal for your winters? Hope it warms up a bit for next Tuesday.