Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

30-12-2005, 06:40 PM   #11

Re: "..and what have you done, another year older

2005 has been the worst year I have ever had and I cannot wait till I start 2006.

Bad Points
We have had our house on the market since February but the market is dead in Edinburgh at the moment.

My partner Kate and I have both suffered health wise.

We have had a lot of staffing problems this year (a few bad apples who are thankfully gone now) and therefore we have worked 6/7 day weeks a lot and had hardly any time for us.

A member of our family stole both our identities and took out store cards in our names whilst renting a property from us.

Our lovely first pet Dugless died.

Good Points
We adopted Sappho
Hogmany as it will be the start of a new year.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
30-12-2005, 06:41 PM   #12

Good year all in all

Claude was born and Maddie and Tikka both had a beautiful litter of puppies each.

Health wise - all the family have had a relatively good year including my elderly mum

Downsides this year, well of course Lucky - end of an era and loss of my bessie mate My favourite uncle died at the age of 83 suddenly at home but he had never ailed a day in his life and was a great age.

The car engine blew up and we had to buy a new car which depleted money we had saved for some home improvements

I think one of the things that touched me this year was Pope John Paul dying and of course the London bombings which felt very close to home with some of our members being afffected in some ways

The best thing this year by far was finding all my new friends on Catpages...a special thank you to you all and Azz for making it all possible

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggie
30-12-2005, 08:13 PM   #13

Well I've had quite a year this year...I've developed sooo much this year.

Good things:

I went to Birmingham and met a bunch of nice people, who (whom?) I am very happy to call my friends A few of them are on here: Karen, Fran and Tom Ta Tom

And I've switched Luna over on raw feeding.

I've got a few good danish friends aswell.

I've taken Luna to a show, and been walking in a ring, being watched by a lot of people (a big thing to me!!!)

So I'm very proud...

I cant really single out one bad thing, but here's a few...

The London bombing. My financial situation.. Luna's false pregnancies

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
31-12-2005, 01:37 AM   #14

* My daughter had a nasty "spiral fracture" to her leg in Feb, that was very traumatic for everyone & even more so when she came out of plaster as she had terrible problems with her ankle joint & mobility, thankfully all now back to normal with no problems at all.

*Our lovely cat Mitten died suddenly in an RTA in October.

* I got involved with Cats protection at the begining of 2005 & have become very involved in my local branch & CP is now a major part in my life.

* We had a litter of 10 pups in the summer

* Met lots of lovely, kind & very generous people on CP

That's about it we are both in the same jobs - with the same cars - living in the same property. (although we only moved here in Sep 2004)

2005 has been a generally good year for us. I have a wonderful husband & 2 great children & we are all healthy & very happy. (Except we've had more than our fair share of tonsillitis as you all know)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
31-12-2005, 09:45 AM   #15

2005 for me has been evenly balanced I would say.

Good points:

After three years of fighting with the CSA I have now had my third month of payments.

I started my divorce (still ongoing).

Emma started secondary school and is doing very well.

My kittens have grown into beautiful healthy young cats.

After being in my house nearly three years I have finished doing up the inside and me and my mum and dad tackled the jungle that be the back garden.

My mum continues to stay healthy after her near death experience of major diabetes being diagnosed.

Got some hair straighteners that actually do straighten my hair!!

Found CatPages!!

Bad points:

The ex still continues to harrass and cause me grief.

Sean continues to suffer with "illness". Not sure what it is all about. And is struggling with the whole going to school thing.

All the disasters around the world - the bombings, earthquakes, people dying are all very sad.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
31-12-2005, 12:48 PM   #16

Kazz so pleased to hear about Jack! It must be wonderful to see a sustained improvement. Hope 2006 will be even better.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
31-12-2005, 02:15 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Kazz so pleased to hear about Jack! It must be wonderful to see a sustained improvement. Hope 2006 will be even better.
Thank you Hilary.