Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
30-12-2005, 01:02 PM   #1

"..and what have you done, another year older

.....a new one just begun" (well nearly!)

So - Good year? Bad year? Best thing? Worst thing?

Shall I go first? - Oh OK then, if you insist!

Basically good year on a personal level. Promotion for OH, promotion for daughter, new business set up by son and I left my (hateful!) job. Eventful on that score! My Dad's health continues to decline in a non-dramatic but sad way, which has been the worst aspect of the year for me. The animals are well and Dinah has come on a treat

Best aspect - not sure. Lovely trip to Stockholm & meeting up with old mates. On a wider scale I think the London Olympic win is fantastic!
Worst - July 7 and 21 and the mistaken police shooting

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-12-2005, 02:19 PM   #2

Re: "..and what have you done, another year older

Oh Good thread DM

A good year for me too; My nephew Jack who is autistic has started to speak (and you can understand him ) you have to prompt him but hey better than a chatter box and he loved his news school a senior school. He also takes a turn in returning the register - something we never dreamed possible.

I have changed my job not the company just the location and although the same hours not the stress, and only 4 minutes from home walking instead of hour and half driving. So all that time saved.
Also after being diagnosed with a debilitating condition my brother in law is on the up and has returned to work

Everyone has remained healthy, and best of all happy.

I am pleased to say animal wise Sal continues to improve by the day she is a smashing dog. And Tess my Tasmanian devil has come on a treat -really pleased with her. I have had 23 trouble free years with the cats. And although this should maybe be in some people's opinion in the worst aspect I don't think it should - I had Oscar PTS 18.12.05 and he is no longer in discomfort. At the end I did what was in his best interest as always. The other plus point Cleo is well and asleep on the desk as I type.

The downside the London bombings. All in all an excellent year.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
30-12-2005, 02:20 PM   #3

Bad year all round me think

Happy managed to go for a world record in seeing how many jobs he can have in one year. End total 3

Had to rehome both my dogs due to my own ill health

Sorry good thing was getting Moli

Catsey Veteran

30-12-2005, 02:32 PM   #4

You're due a good 2006 Nae.
It started with your driving licence - remember?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-12-2005, 03:05 PM   #5

Fairly good year for me I would say.....

I have good health, just a problem with sleeping ....my children and grandchildren are happy and healthy....long may it continue too..

I have made a lot of new great friends on Catpages, which is all thanks to Az...

I lost over a stone in weight earlier this year which has made me feel a lot healthier...

Cassie has remained quite healthy this year after I nearly lost her a year ago through illness.

I suppose the worst thing to happen was my hubby injuring his knee when we arrived in Croatia and had to spend the whole 2 weeks holiday in a wheelchair as he was unable to walk It is still troubling him, having hospital visits with the prospect of having a knee replacement some time in the future

The worst thing in general has to be the London bombings and all the disasters that have gone on around the world.

Catsey Veteran

30-12-2005, 03:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
I suppose the worst thing to happen was my hubby injuring his knee when we arrived in Croatia and had to spend the whole 2 weeks holiday in a wheelchair as he was unable to walk It is still troubling him, having hospital visits with the prospect of having a knee replacement some time in the future
Tell him not to worry about the knee Mags. My MIL had one done at 83! She was (understandably) groggy immediately after but was up and about and driving everyone crazy in short order and now has more blimmin energy than the rest of us put together. It's just wonderful to get rid of constant pain, to sleep properly etc.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-12-2005, 03:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Tell him not to worry about the knee Mags. My MIL had one done at 83! She was (understandably) groggy immediately after but was up and about and driving everyone crazy in short order and now has more blimmin energy than the rest of us put together. It's just wonderful to get rid of constant pain, to sleep properly etc.
Thanks for that DM, I'll tell him...he has been worrying about having the op

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Mogs/Siamese/Orientals
Tom is Male
30-12-2005, 03:19 PM   #8

This year has been ok for me

First of all i had such a great time going to Birmingham to meet my friends Kazz and Jeanette and other members Also in October I became a teenager.

A bad point is my Uncle Harold died and we had to have Lucky PTS which wasn't nice times in the year.

but 2005 was a good year

Tom x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
30-12-2005, 03:25 PM   #9

good bits:- meeting up with my daughter kayleigh after being apart for over 5 years,
older daughter moving to london (closer to me) so i can now see my grandson growing up
bad bits:- london bombings and the feeling of mistrust that followed.
develping angina and now having to change my life. (which isnt too bad other than the choccy)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-12-2005, 06:29 PM   #10

Ahh Ta Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Cat
This year has been ok for me

First of all i had such a great time going to Birmingham to meet my friends Kazz and Jeanette and other members Also in October I became a teenager.

A bad point is my Uncle Harold died and we had to have Lucky PTS which wasn't nice times in the year.

but 2005 was a good year

Tom x