Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
06-05-2024, 09:42 AM   #1

Really cold Monday.

Good morning ladies,
it's around 7:30pm here and it's freezing cold. This is actually the first day I've been able to stay out of bed for the whole day, as earlier my whole body just ached all the time and I just had to go and lie down. I'm still sneezing like crazy but I've really just got a heavy cold now. Gosh, I've gone through so many tissues. I haven't been able to do any exercises for my knee, but hope to start again tomorrow. I've cancelled all my physio sessions this week as well, but will go back on the 15th. I didn't want to go near the hospital while I was coughing and sneezing so much. It's not fair on others.

Janna is working tonight for the first time in a week. She took last week off to stay with me and I was really grateful. She's working until 1am tomorrow morning and doing the same shift every night this week as well as Sunday I had one of the frozen meals that Brenna gave me tonight for tea - apricot chicken - but I can't really taste anything. It looked nice though. Brenna and family are still enjoying Fiji. Oren is OK although he's nervous. I spoke with him this morning and promised he could come and stay with me when he gets back to NZ in a week's time., providing he does what mum and dad tell him to do.

I had a big row with Paddy on the phone last night - yet again !!! We've been trying to find out about a parcel that I sent to his Nottingham address by mistake and he's been trying to find out if the new owners of his house have sent it back to his NZ address which they apparently have done, but Paddy is at a different address now as he has moved into his new house in Morrinsville. Anyway, now he's blaming me for addressing it to him (which is my fault, admittedly), but then he got really angry about the whole thing because it meant he had to talk to people he didn't know, and it was stressing him out. !!!! Honestly, we're talking about a grown man here, not a little kid. I ended up hanging up on him because there is no way you can reason with him when he gets angry. I'll sort it out on my own from here on.

Cats are all well and happy, apart from Snoddy who is still feeling the cold terribly. He's sleeping on my bed now, waiting for me to come and join him, but I'll sit up and wait for Janna. as I'm feeling a lot better and it's good for me to move around a bit. I seem to have been lying in bed forever ! Hopefully there will be something on TV tonight for me to watch.

PAMELA,that training course you went on for work certainly sounds exhausting. Poor you. I hope it was all worth it. Let's hope you're not going to be quite so busy this week. Did the girls enjoy their run in the secure field last week? We don't have anything like that here, but we do have secure dog parks, so I guess it's similar. I never really bothered with a dog park with Willow because I used to take her to a large lake area where she could run free, although she never ever left my side. I hope you've had your bike fixed by now and you may be able to get to Glencoe at the weekend. I know it's your peaceful place. Oh yeah, what's a caramel yum yum ? It sounds delicious.

SHELLEY, I'm sorry that your dad has had a nasty fall and i do hope he's now feeling a lot better. I've been praying for him. Yes, I bet you do miss your lovely walks in Scotland, but they'll still be there when you go back at the end of May. You'll be looking forward to it. I'm glad that you were able to get off work because of your cold. Please don't let it turn into the flu Shelley. Stay nice and warm and hopefully you're over the worst now. I bet you enjoyed that doll fair on Saturday. Did you sell some of your dolls or were you mainly there to buy ? If so, I hope you found some good bargains. No word back from the Bible College yet, but I'll let you know if our answer to that question was correct as soon as I get my marks back.

Well ladies, I'm off now to see what's on TV - perhaps there's some movie on the Shine Christian channel which I can watch. Janna just rang me before on one of her breaks to tell me that she's covering a big conference of surgeons tonight and they're all having cocktails at the moment. Nice to be some people, eh ?

Have a great Monday Pamela and Shelley.