Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-07-2011, 12:51 PM   #1

Malteser Monday

afternoon all.
Lovely and sunny here, long may it continue.
We are trying to decide whether to go up to the caravan early, our plans were to go on sat after training but we now have the chance to go midweek.
I know we should just go but i'm reluctant to miss saturdays training as it will mean missing 2 out of 6 sessions.
I'm finding the plder i get the more rigid i'm becoming.
Walked the dogs around the docks, then into pets@home for food supplies.
Must go out and scoop up to dead mice from the drive, Jerry's handiwork i think, everytime we go past the dogs pick them up
Hope everyone is having a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #2

Re: Malteser Monday

Hi Shelley! I know what you mean about missing training! Although I suppose you do put in a good amount every day anyway .......

Lovely warm sunny day here - I am in T shirt, so it's pleasantly warm - computer tells me 19C so up on yesterday.

It's my birthday today and OH is taking me out for an ice-cream later - which is my birthday wish for this year. I am a great fan of Swatch skin watches and have been given a lovely one this morning.

Have a great day folks!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
25-07-2011, 01:34 PM   #3

Hi Shelley, Angie...

Day going well here as well. I'm now home for the day, having been on my pick up trip. It went well enough, though as I didn't realise that the person I was picking up had a timetable to work to, and thus the time I had been given was not when we needed to be at the train station by, but when I needed to have them back to the friends house they were staying at, it was a wee bit stressful, but never mind!!!

Have tesco man coming later, so need to get the place suitable for a stranger walking through.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
25-07-2011, 01:37 PM   #4

Many happy returns of the day Angie hope you have a pic of your lovely new watch. It's sunny here today too, so I'm sitting in a breeze with both front & back door op-en to air the house. Posh is up on the top of the sofa, guarding her food table- or at least it looks that way

Shelley, I missed 2 curves sessions last week due to my stomach bug, going back this evening, but couldn't face the swim today, had to catch up with house cleaning anyway.

Should be a calm and fairly sunny week so I hope we have news about our driveway being paved soon, the builders have been delayed in other works due to the weather, but have promised they will be here ASAP.

see you later, x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
25-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #5

Happy Birthday Angie, enjoy your icecream!

Nothing much happening here. The paperboy delivered the wrong one this morning, the address on it wasn't even for our road! OH went to the newsagent's but by the time he got there they'd sold out of our usual one so they gave him the money to go and buy one elsewhere. I was a bit late starting on the crossword today

This evening I'm off to a retirement do for a couple of my former colleagues. One of them spent his whole working life teaching at the same school, gradually working his way up the promotion ladder. 39 years in the same place quite unusual! Shows he was happy in his work though

Lovely sunny afternoon here, hope the weather's good where you are

ps Can't stand Maltesers

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
25-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #6

I've done some housework, watered the plants and bathed Dylan today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-07-2011, 03:59 PM   #7

Hi all. Sunny and still warm, but the worst heat has abated: 30 C (83 F); we didn't make the triple digits yesterday nor will we today, high will be about 94/95 F. And a good chance of t'storms this afternoon and evening. All quiet, just down to the library to change book and get Leia's grass.

Enjoy that birthday ice cream and the new watch, Angie. PP, I like that guarding the food bit; Shelley, mice plural? How many did Jerry leave you? Squirrel, that sounds a bit confusing as well as stressful. MrsH, hope you enjoy the retirement do. RCR, you are brave to bathe a cat ........ any bleeding?

Have a nice day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
25-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
RCR, you are brave to bathe a cat ........ any bleeding?
Nope, all Dylan does in the bath is meow and splash water at me I could bath him blindfold and he wouldn't cause any harm (he's happy being bathed, when he gets bored he starts splashing me but before he gets bored he'll just stand patiently in the water.)

Dylan looks like a porcupine now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #9

We also had mice this morning - I forgot to say. Monty hijacked one that Pip bought in before I was out of bed and I had to yell for OH to come and take it from him and the other I found by the cats' food bowls ....... do you think it was put there as a hint that they want mouse flavoured food???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-07-2011, 06:37 PM   #10

Eileen there were two mice on the drive, it was ghastly to see Malaika with it in her mouth with just the tail dangling. Howard had to fish it out as she wouldn't drop it. I forgot to move them so today she got it again, then Kwame pinched it from her. Fortunately i had treats to trade