Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #1

Rocky Road Saturday

Morning all (just!) Horrid weather here - absolutely teeming with rain. OH has gone to see him Mum on her 90th birthday and I have stayed here to look after Monty, who was hyper after his walk and it's too wet to go and pick him some lavender!!! Poor Mum won't remember if I went or not anyway. Sad it's such a nasty wet day and dark too.

Making jam this afternoon.

Have a good day everyone and stay dry if you can!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #2

Re: Rocky Road Saturday

I am too late to say Morning. so here I am with a heartful "Afternoon all"

"Happy Birthday to your MIL"

Pouring with rain here too Angie. Got to take Dad to a dermatology appointment re his legs but they are cleared now but I think he thinks the poorc chap will be able to resolve his knee giving way...lack of balance. So we will see.
Back for a bit of wallpapering.

Baked potatoes tonight. See you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
16-07-2011, 12:10 PM   #3

Hi Angie... Overcast and horribly humid here now, though there is a slight breeze which helps matters.

We had rain which I compared to being under a cold power shower this morning - and later on I heard it had moved on to another town, and was being compared to a monsoon!!!

Hope that OH has a nice time with his Mum, and that Monty calms down a little, despite the inavailability of the lavender!

Not much else happening here.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
16-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #4

Good afternoon Angie, Kazz and Squirrel and all

Raining here too but I can see some blue sky now and again, so fingers x'd.
Had a smashing time at my brother's wedding 'do' last night. Great to get most of the family together for such occasions but missed my sis and her family in the States.
Posh has slept most of the morning except between 6 and 8 am she was very vocal then. Just payback for leaving her alone last night I guess.

Lovely day for jam making, I can smell the fruityness from here and Baked potatoes, mmm with a nice filling- just right for my Harry Potter fest this evening

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #5

Hi people! Sorry it's raining on a lot of you, but at least it didn't yesterday on St. Swithun's! Sunny and below normal here again, 24 C (76 F). All quiet today, no plans but papers, crossword and here.

Leia got quite silly with catnip yesterday, will post a pic, also a "tail" one. Angie, I hope MIL recognizes her son, that is so sad for him.... plum jam, yum! What are you doing Potterwise tonight, reading, PP? Wallpapering, Kazz ?? Hope Dad's knee can be helped.Hi, Squirrel!

Have a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
16-07-2011, 06:25 PM   #6

Been up to South London today to visit son and DIL. We were going to Lambeth Fayre, (jousting, sheep shearing, crafts and stuff) but the rain absolutely pelted down so we didn't go in the end and stayed indoors Shame, but there's always next year. Son and DIL will go tomorrow if the weather's better but we couldn't face that awful traffic 2 days in a row. It takes so long to negociate those busy city routes!

It meant that Morgan was on his own for quite a long time today but he was such a good boy, he had 2 Kongs to keep him company but oh boy, was he desperate for a pee when we got back!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
16-07-2011, 10:34 PM   #7

evening everyone, late check in from me again!!! Hope everyone is well. Had a busy day, went to OHs mums as it was her birthday yesterday but en route, i got to take a mazda mx5 for a test drive which was nice, its the car i would like to get eventually. Also got strange looks from teh salesmen as i was having a good look under the bonnet for faults!!!

Off to the auctions for abrowse tomorrow with OH and my dad so should be good,

hope you all had a great day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
16-07-2011, 11:53 PM   #8

I spent the day in a field trying to make sure visitors had a nice day at the Festival of History. My feet got soaked at 8 AM and I finally dried them at 7 PM. It all happens again tomorrow. PLEASE could it stop raining soon.
Fed up and surrounded by gently steaming clothes.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
17-07-2011, 06:28 AM   #9

Ooh, keep fingers crossed everyone, the sun is shining.