Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-06-2008, 09:38 PM   #1

Days out

Where and what do you do when you go for days out?

Seaside, resturant, Country fairs, museums...where do you go and what do you do?,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
22-06-2008, 09:59 PM   #2

Re: Days out

Theme parks!!!!! I just love em,Alton Towers being my fave,Drayton Manor or pretty cool too.
I also LOVE going and having a quiet walk around Witley Court,I find it really relaxing around there.
I gues it depends on what mood im in,if im in an hyper full of energy mood then its theme parks everytime,if Im in a quiet mood and want to do some thinking then a nice walk somewhere quiet and atmospheric,my fave place is Loch Muick since visiting Elaine wish i was closer

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
22-06-2008, 10:02 PM   #3

oh I forgot,the Wyre Forest is a nice place for some quiet time too,i enjoy walking around there,and habberley valley and hartlebury common. Not sure if you have ever been to any of these Kaz but if you havnt go,they are lovely walks and my dogs love them too

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
22-06-2008, 10:28 PM   #4

A day out for us would probably be a trip to a zoo, childrens animal farm, chicken place or somewhere like that with a picnic.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-06-2008, 10:29 PM   #5

I'm afraid I'm really boring, as I like to visit quiet gardens: limited generally to those here in the City available by public transit. The Bishop's Garden at the National Cathedral, the gardens at Dumbarton Oaks, the Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens. One I keep meaning to visit is the National Arboretum, especially their bonsai collection.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
22-06-2008, 10:31 PM   #6

Give me a Forest, and my dogs, and all day, will walk for miles...

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-06-2008, 10:41 PM   #7

We visit the seaside, pop down to Torquay for the day, Westonbirt Arbouretum, a vist to the zoo with the kiddies, out in the countryside somewhere, coach trips, Cardiff shopping .........and we are going back to London next month for a tour round the Houses of Parliament...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-06-2008, 10:52 AM   #8

The seaside still holds real magic for me. I loved our visits to West Bay in Dorset a couple of years ago. No promenades or gaudy shops just pebbly beaches and rocky cliffs. Having said that I also love the hubub of places like Bournemouth and the sophistication of Hove.

Other than that a day out in London always revives my spirit. Whether with a friend or with OH and the boys I really miss London very much and I can do tourist stuff of shopping stuff; I just love being there!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-06-2008, 12:32 PM   #9

OH and I joined the National Trust over 21 years ago, coming back to our car in an NT car park, pouring rain in the Lake District and a cheerful NT man collared us. What else could we do but join, we were all as wet as each other!

So, like NT properties and especially the gardens. In fact, gardens anywhere are my favourite. Like art galleries, museums; woods/forests. Used to love mountains, but can't get up them any more. Best thing probably was a long tiring walk and the pub afterwards!

Oh and RSPB reserves - nearly forgot. Please can I have a new brain?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
23-06-2008, 11:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Give me a Forest, and my dogs, and all day, will walk for miles...
I love this too Moli. I also like to take the dogs to the beach, but not a crowded one. I love National Trust Properties and gardens. For the family we are going to Cadbury World, Alton Towers, The Black Country Museum and a place called 'Conkers' near us over the summer. I've bene to Stratford Upon Avon today on a school trip, another one of my favourite places.