Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #1

Funfilled Friday Daily

Well here I am again starting the daily..............Morning all.

Nice day here until you step outside then its cold.....well I think it is but from inside it looks a perfect summer day.

May go out again today feel fine/good from yesterdays venture out. Short 1&1/2 to 2 hour potters out including the journey there and back seem to be the key slept well last night too.

Still got no negative thoughts on Posh....so all fingers crossed here.

Have a really good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
28-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #2

Re: Funfilled Friday Daily

Hope that Posh is nearing home

It is indeed a bit nippy today, but quite bright at the mo. Been to do the school/work drop and to the garden centre. Bought some bits for home (lawn seed, potting compost etc), but also some picket fence for the allotment. I'm going to paint it 'bathing hut blue' to match the shed

Balie and Myshka are outside as is Sebi and my washing, I shall be joining them shortly to repot my dear old Aunt's cactus and also a dill plant I bought last week.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-05-2010, 01:43 PM   #3

Afternoon Kazz, Yola, everyone. Lunchtime Catsey catch up for me. I have loads of transcription work to do and probably will have to continue with it tomorrow. Got loads of potting up to do in the garden but I'm afraid it will have to wait. Just need to keep everything watered so they don't get stressed.

Had a chap out to my tumble dryer this morning. It was making a dry grinding noise, but thankfully nothing is wrong and it has been serviced and sounds a lot better now. It is 12 years old! It has done good work over the years and I'm really glad that it can continue for a while longer.

Still sending serious come home vibes for Posh. Will pop back later and keep hoping for good news.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
28-05-2010, 02:11 PM   #4

Nothing to report on the whereabouts of Posh girls,
As the weather is still pretty calm she's ok I guess, don't know if she's much of a hunter, she's never brought home any 'gifts'. I worry that her dental work will be a disadvantage tho, so if she has found a little old lady to cadge from at least she won't starve.

Trying to keep calm and carry on, as is the old Government advise, went out to the theatre last night and enjoyed a good laugh at the musical Hot Flush; some very familiar territory covered in the material there,

Ceri is so improved I'm thinking of taking a trip to Plymouth midweek next week and stay overnight, just 1 night,with my friend Su. But really in two minds in case we get any news about Posh. Will have to see.

Nice to get those plants sorted out in the garden today Yola, love the blue-beach theme for the allotment too.
Twelve years and still going strong, thats a good tumble dryer you got Angie, I usually wear mine out about 3 years old! Kazz keep sending me your rays of hope, I still feel she's 'of this world' and not in the next. Bless you all for supporting me thru this rough time xxxx

Catsey Veteran

28-05-2010, 03:09 PM   #5

Right I am home......feel really good but STILL TAKING IT EASY.......back in nightshirt now.
Having steamed lemon sole for dinner...........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-05-2010, 04:12 PM   #6

Hi from chilly Washington! 19 degrees cooler than yesterday, it's only 18 C (66 F) and cloudy, may get more rain this afternoon, Heavy t'storms overnight but most missed the City although we did get some needed rain; don't need to water today. The lightning was horiffic! To the market and just pottering.

Kazz, glad you're improving and taking it easy. Nette, still sending vibes, the waiting and hoping are so stressful, (((hugs))). Good news about the washer, Angie. I like the color-coordinated fence idea, Yola!

Enjoy - weekend almost here!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
28-05-2010, 05:24 PM   #7

Afternoon all.

Well what a busy day, took both cats to the vets for their boosters, worming treatment and frontline, Arthur has been given some steroids because the vet thinks he has an allergy as he keeps clawing his eyes.

Popped to Colchester and had my foundation reassessed with Estee Lauder - due to getting a bit of colour on me I am now two shades darker than in the winter - yesterday I put some foundation on and looked like a ghost with a brownish body!!! LOL Also bought a very pretty bronzer with a pink swirly bit in it and some undereye concealer, the lady was so nice and even made my face up with the foundation, concealer and bronzer!! LOL

Had lunch and then popped to Freeport and got some new suitcases.

Hoping to have a nice relaxing evening - have a good one everybody

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
28-05-2010, 06:12 PM   #8

Hi all.
K has some errands to run and a friend to meet up with tonight. It's for a standup comedian they both like, I'm invited as well but I think I'll decline as I don't think I'm up for all the politics this guy usually discusses. Let it be a "boys night" while I relax at home
Very excited as me and K may start volunteering very soon at a bird sanctuary nearby. We both love birds but have been admirers from afar and thought since we're both not working why not volunteer our time to help this organization? And we'd benefit too, getting out of the house on a regular basis and getting to learn about birds too. This is the place we are looking at...
http://www.mollywood.org/
The owner has already contacted us back and we are just coordinating a time to get together so she can train us

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-05-2010, 08:16 PM   #9

That sounds like a wonderful idea, Tink! Something you both can do together that's worthwhile, will get you outdoors and help the birds. Do give us a progress report after you've gotten started; and pics if you can get any, I find it almost impossible to take bird pics ,,, they won't sit still for their photo! I've been trying for three years to get one of the cardinal for Angie

Catsey Veteran

28-05-2010, 08:29 PM   #10

Evening all still feeling really good. Glad everyone has had a good day;

Good idea about the bird sanctuary Tink....best wishes.
Eileen you need to put superglue on the branches then they'd sit still. and I adore lightening....weird eh? maybe I should be one of those storm chasers.
Emma just reading your day has exhausted me.....sounds productive though, white face brown body you could have said you have had your head in the clouds in the run up to the wedding .....
With regard to posh I think the Crpl Jone saying "don't panic" is very apt.
Angie where did you go to yesterday on your 4 hour break?