Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-05-2010, 11:36 AM   #1

Hot sunny Tuesday

Beautiful day here in Preston, been to the car boot in Preston and got an illustrated book, Larkrise to Candleford.
Also bought wormer and flea treatment for next doors cats.
These are the two neglected cats , i tried to get their owner to treat them by saying our cats had fleas and she may want to check hers, also pointed out the connection to tapeworms. Her answer, she cant remember when she last treated them, Whats a tapeworm and don't let them in your house
One of the cats does come in from time to time and i have found tapeworm segments where she was sat
They begin their treatment today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-05-2010, 11:51 AM   #2

Re: Hot sunny Tuesday

Good for you Shelley!!

The weather here too is warm and sunny. Popped to the allotment on the way in to open the greenhouse door and put some plants to start hardening them off for planting out. Must try to down there tonight to plant up my new runner beans.

Apart from that, I've got heaps to get through and an ever-decreasing day in which to do it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-05-2010, 11:52 AM   #3

Hi Shelley! It's warm here, but hazy and a bit sticky. I have just hung a load of washing out and have another load on. OH is playing golf today and has gone off with flask of cold drink, sunblock and sun hat very sensibly. I have some transcription work to do, not too much luckily because I want to make a sweet pea wigwam in a pot this afternoon as I had many too many sweet peas for one wigwam!

Kizzy and Pip are here with me in the study, snoozing. The crate I bought for Pip is still used as a preferred sleeping place - I have vet bed and a cushion on the top. The crate is just by the window and just the right height for views of birdies in the goat willow and on the fence! OH wants to dismantle the crate and put it away in the loft, but he won't while he sees Kizzy or Pip still happy to use it! He's a softie where those cats are concerned! We were only talking about that this morning, as he said he had to get up in the night and when he came back to bed he had to be a contortionist in order to avoid both Kizzy and Pip asleep on the bed. Those cats have RIGHTS!

Have a great day all.

Hi Yola! Sorry didn't ignore you on purpose!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-05-2010, 12:27 PM   #4

Afternoon all.

Weather here a little weird had a lovely morning......now bit overcast.
Have a good day all bit preoccupied....Off to the hospital shortly to let them look at my stitches... and maybe have them removed.

See you all later or tomorrow....

Global Moderator

18-05-2010, 12:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Afternoon all.

Weather here a little weird had a lovely morning......now bit overcast.
Have a good day all bit preoccupied....Off to the hospital shortly to let them look at my stitches... and maybe have them removed.

See you all later or tomorrow....
Hope all goes well at the hospital, Kazz

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #6

Good luck Kazz!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
18-05-2010, 02:34 PM   #7

Hope all's well with the stitches Kazz!

Doing nothing much here today, a bit stiff with a flare-up so I'm just hanging around listening to Radio 4 and reading (well just finished) a book my son gave me for my birthday called "The Time Traveller's Guide to Medieval England" It's about imagining visiting 14th century England almost as though it were a foreign country. What do you see, smell, wear, eat etc. what are the rules of society, the laws and customs? It's rather wordy with a lot of footnotes referring to primary sources but very witty too with lots of interesting bits of information such as - did you know that on "non-meat" days people were allowed to eat barnacle geese, puffins and beavers on the grounds that they are classed as fish as they begin their lives in the sea or a river!

The sun's gone in. hope it comes back soon!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-05-2010, 04:00 PM   #8

Hi all. Dismal unseasonable weather continues: still raining and only 11 C (51 F)! I should have gone to the market but I decided to stay in, potter abut and prepare Qs for the quiz tomorrow. What has happened to Spring here? Leia seems a bit mopy today, but eating OK, I suppose it's the weather, she hasn't been on the porch much as it's damp and chilly. No news.

Good luck with the stitches, Kazz! Well done, Shelley!

Have a good day, everyone.

Global Moderator

18-05-2010, 04:10 PM   #9

Beautiful day here, currently 17º. Cassie has been basking in the sun all day while I've been finishing off my hanging baskets and wall baskets. Also potted a few tomato plants that my SIL kindly gave me

I hope Kazz has had her stitches successfully removed now and everything is healing well ..... that will be another stage over for her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
18-05-2010, 07:32 PM   #10

Hi all - been home from work and straight out to the chook area - Martha still sitting so have decided to move her into the ark as she is being a bit bullied because she is resident in the preferred nest box.

Ark is now all prepared. Think I'll move her tomorrow night as there has been a lot of activity around her tonight and I want to keep it as stress free as poss.

Just having chees, ham and tomato sandwich for meal tonight - have exhausted myself and cannot be bothered cooking.

Out to see friend tonight so will have a good chin wag and catch up.

Lovely day here - enjoy the rest of your day peeps