Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
29-09-2008, 03:03 PM   #1

Crash!!!

Was sandwiched in a crash today, the van is knackered
Just waiting for the garage to pick it up and we will see exactly what the damage is.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 3 persians
29-09-2008, 03:04 PM   #2

Re: Crash!!!

Oh no - are you ok?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
29-09-2008, 03:05 PM   #3

Oh Elaine, how awful, are you ok??.

The van looked lovely with its new livery and everything. Hope you get it all sorted out.

Hope that doesn't mean you have no transport.

CM

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
29-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #4

Are you OK Elaine?
Even if you are you are you are probably a bit shocked. Be nice to yourself.

Hope the insurance etc issues sort themselves as swiftly and smoothly as possible

Catsey Veteran

29-09-2008, 03:19 PM   #5

I am ok thanx every one just a little shaken up and thank god i wasnt carrying any animals at the time.
The van however, I think is in bad shape. Its on it's way to hospital as I type this.
I am in a bit of shock i think, I want to burst into tears but then again i want to laugh hysterically, is that normal?
Have made all the relevant calls to insurance etc. Graham has said I can have the car so that i can keep working although all work has been cancelled for this afternoon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
29-09-2008, 03:24 PM   #6

Phew - I'm glad you're OK!! What a horrible thing to happen The insurance companies usually sort this kind of thing out quite quicky. What happened, did someone run up the back of you??

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-09-2008, 03:28 PM   #7

My goodness Elaine, I'm so relieved you're alright......it must have shaken you up quite badly though..

I hope you can get everything sorted out promptly with as little stress as possible..

Take care ((((hugs)))) x

Catsey Veteran

29-09-2008, 03:32 PM   #8

I had just driven over the bridge of dee and entered the roundabout, the guy infront made to move but then stopped, I ran into the back of him and the car behind ran into me, making me hit him twice. I have no idea why he stopped as the road was clear from the right for him to go.
But these things happen i guess. I am glad every one was pleasant, no road rage or anything which is alwayss a blessing now a days.
On the upside the woman who ran into me said she was just reading the back of my van and thinking that her friend needed a dog walker, so she now has my card and i told her she would need to drum up more trade for me to get the van fixed Seriously though, I am pleased it was all very civil, I think I would have lost it if there had been any raised voices.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-09-2008, 03:41 PM   #9

So glad you are OK Elaine and that everyone kept their cool and there was no nastiness. You do sound as if you are understandably suffering from shock. Hot sweet tea was what was always offered in such cases. And cuddles from Eva too perhaps.

Really glad you're OK.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
29-09-2008, 03:47 PM   #10

I usually cope fine at the time then later get quite shivery and weepy. Sounds a bit like you have shock. Yes I think cuddles from the diva will sort you out fine.

(just reread this and thought it looks like I am involved in car crashes frequently - just meant generally)

Glad you have alternative transport and your work won't suffer. So pleasd you had no animals in the car at the time.

Be good to yourself tonight.

CM