Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
01-04-2008, 12:50 PM   #11

Re: Jennie - Leigh

So sorry Random, really hope you can find the b****** responsible....
Run Free little girl..........xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
01-04-2008, 01:08 PM   #12

I am so very, very sorry Random!!

My stomach is actually churning at the thought of someone doing this.

RIP beautiful Jennie xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
01-04-2008, 02:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
What a terrible thing to happen my sympathies to your sister and the family....I wonder why people consider cats fair game for this sort of thing.

Someone once shot Cleo with an air rifle.... I did not go to
the police but went to his house and sorted it myself he was a teenager. Not sure he saw it as malious in fact he was kinda take back someone cared about a cat.

And a group people once set their dog on Cleo (she did not have bad luck) but this really never happened although they encouraged their dog to have a go at the "pussycat" as they shouted (I imagine it took a bit to make her run as she lived with dogs and would not have been fussed at first too laid back that girl of mine) but eventually she made a dash for home. She got to the front garden (jumped the fance) I was in the front garden with Gyp (my old Stafford) planting.....and for some reason they decided their dog coming face to face with a Stafford wasn't as entertaining to them as my cat coming face to face with their mutt (Lab)...or them coming face to face with me.

Have to say it was tempting to let Gyp go but obviously I didn't and I did not "hurt" them but whenever I saw them around after that they had the dog on a lead...

I never understand this "cats are fair game attitude to people...............So very sorry I would report them.
Thank you Kazz, I just hope we can find out who did it then we can go from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
So sorry Random, really hope you can find the b****** responsible....
Run Free little girl..........xx
Thanx Moli, so do I, I really do. I can't help but wonder if the same thing happened to Tabs now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
I am so very, very sorry Random!!

My stomach is actually churning at the thought of someone doing this.

RIP beautiful Jennie xx
Thanks Alex, I feel the same, didn't get a wink of sleep at all last night and was actually physically sick this morning at the thought of it.

Can't get my head around why someone would do such a thing. Am writing a bit for the local paper so hopefully they will print something about her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #14

Oh I am so sorry Random - I too am feeling sick that anyone could do such a terrible thing. Jennie-Leigh was a lovely little girl - I feel awful for you and your family. ***HUGS***

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-04-2008, 04:11 PM   #15

That hardly bears thinking about...the pain and fear she must have gone thru; that poor girl! Random, I am so so sorry that happened, it must be almost unbearable. I hope she did some serious damage to the dog and that you'll be able to locate the owner and prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law!!

RIP dear Jenny

Catsey Veteran

01-04-2008, 04:13 PM   #16

Thank you Angie.

Just popped in with a bit of news, the local paper are going to give me a call at some point tomorrow to discuss the incident and do a write up on it so it will be in the local gazette at least.

Just want to thank you all again for your support today.

Catsey Veteran

01-04-2008, 04:15 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
That hardly bears thinking about...the pain and fear she must have gone thru; that poor girl! Random, I am so so sorry that happened, it must be almost unbearable. I hope she did some serious damage to the dog and that you'll be able to locate the owner and prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law!!

RIP dear Jenny
Thank you dm, I just hope we can find them before the dog heals too as that is probably the only evidence we will have. She had a broken tooth and all of her wee nails were broken too so as awful as it sounds i'm just hoping she did the dog some sufficient damage. I think it is likely as she gave me some sufficient damage on the way to the vet, obviously from the pain she was in.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
01-04-2008, 04:59 PM   #18

I've just got in from work and seen this. What a shocking thing to happen to Jennie-Leigh, how tragic to have her die in your arms like that. The poor love, to suffer because of an idiot's disrespect for life. I hope the newspaper story gets front page and the morons are caught.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
01-04-2008, 05:35 PM   #19

OMG!!!! I am so sorry toread this Random. Big hugs to you, your sister and all the family over this horrendous tragedy.

Someone set their Greyhound on my baby a good few years back. He was in a terrible state and lived for about a week. It was heartbreaking because his brother pined and whined all the time. When we brought him home for one night Tigger wouldn't go any where near him and we knew he was going to die. It is the most sickening thing to do and I really feel for all of you at this time. Nothing ever came of it even though it was reported.
You know where we are if you should need us.

Poor poor baby Jennie. RIP Little girl X

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
01-04-2008, 05:38 PM   #20

So sorry to hear this

If it was me and I found out who did it they would be beaten with a baseball bat (sorry if that sounds too strong) but they are scum.

Random if you don't find out who did this, please have some comfort that Karma will play a big part one day.